Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

What does Osho say here?

4 posts in this topic

Love this video, but what does he say at 8.30-8:45

"..are the only people who have left some ...... of sensitivity" 

What's the missing word, I don't understand, does he say 'press'? Doesn't make sense?

Love this video because it's so clear and it really show the connection between sensitivity and truth/enlightenment.

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Sensitivity can be shared in a thousand and one ways. The most fundamental is a lovingness, not a love relationship, but just pure lovingness without any conditions. Not asking anything in return: pouring your heart because it is overflowing with sensitivity onto people, even on strangers. 

Now scientists say, you can shake hands with a tree and if you are friendly, you will feel a tremendous sensitivity in the tree itself. There are old stories unbelievable, they cannot be factual, but one never knows .. may be they are factual. It is said whenever Gautama Buddha passed by, trees which had been without leaves suddenly grew leaves to give him shade. Whenever he sat under a tree, suddenly thousands of flowers blossomed and started falling over him. It may be simply symbolic, but there is a possibility of its being real too.

And when I say that modern scientific research about trees is in my support. It was the first Indian Nobel Prize winner, Jagdish Chandra Bose who proved to the scientific world that trees are not dead. He was given a Nobel Prize for it, but since Jagdish Chandra Bose much has happened. He would have been tremendously happy if you could come and see what scientists have managed. 

Now they have something like a cardiograph attached to the tree. A man comes, a friend to the tree with love in his heart and the tree starts dancing even without any wind and the cardiogram becomes very symmetrical. The graph on the paper becomes almost a harmonious beauty. And when another man with an axe with the idea to cut the tree even though the has not come close, the graph of the cardiogram goes berserk. It loses all symmetry, all harmony. It simply goes insane: something is going to harm him. It is strange because he has not been harmed; it is just an idea in the woodcutter's mind. The tree is even so sensitive that catches your ideas. And the same man, with the axe, but not desiring to cut the tree, comes and the graph remains the same. There is no fear, no nervousness in the tree.

And another thing they became aware of was that if one tree is trembling with fear, they had not thought about it, one scientist just put a few cardiographs on other trees surrounding the tree when the tree started trembling with fear, the other trees also participated. They must have been old friends growing in the same grove. They must have shared their love with each other, they must have been friendly. They also react immediately. 

The whole existence is full of sensitivity and man is the highest product of this existence. Naturally your heart, your being is ready to overflow. You have been hiding it, repressing it because your parents and your teachers have told you to be hard, to be strong because it is a world full of struggle; if you cannot fight and compete you will be nobody. 

So only a few people like poets, painters, musicians, sculptors who are no more in the competitive world, who are not hoping to accumulate billions of dollars, they are the only people who have left some trace of sensitivity. 

But a mediator is on the way to being a mystic. He will become more and more sensitive. And the more you share your sensitivity, your love, your friendliness, your compassion, the closer you will come to the goal of being a mystic. 

"My poor husband," said Mrs Ginsberg to her psychoanalyst dragging her husband behind her. "He is convinced he is a parking meter." The analyst looked at the silent, morbid fellow and asked, "Why doesn't he say something for himself? Can't he talk?" "How can he," said Mrs Ginsberg, "With all those coins in his mouth?"

In my vision, a sannyasin is one who is making every effort to get rid of the insanity that he had been conditioned for. Sensitivity will help immensely to make you sane, sensible and if you go on moving in the right direction, it will become your meditation and finally your mystic experience of enlightenment. 

@Prabhaker Ah, tnx Prabby! And thank you for writing down the whole speech, this clip really appeal to me. One of my favourite Osho-videos.  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Just a tip. There are subtitles for Osho's videos (official channel). Just click on the icon next to the settings.