Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Rowan

Do we each have an ideal country to live in?

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, here's a thought:

I wonder if there was an ideal country for each person to live in, which aligns with our own values and personality types etc. I wonder if there's a way to see if there was an 'ideal' country for someone to live based on their personality and values.

I'm supposing that values would be the main determinant. For example, If I valued nature, maybe Scandinavia would be a good match etc. But if you didn't like the high tax you probably wouldn't want to go there. But it's probably more complex than that.

I wonder if there's a country to personality match? Could the country we live in contribute to our self-actualization? Is it possible to find an ideal country to live in based on our personality? Have any of you considered moving country, or have moved country? What was the reason behind that?

Cheers,

Rowan

I visited Switzerland last summer and would move there in a heartbeat if it were feasible. And I think that yes, your environment definitely has an impact on your ability to self-actualize. A Yogananda quote comes to mind "Environment is stronger than will power. If you want to be spiritual, seek good company and don’t mix with those whose bad habits may wrongly influence you. Be always with people who inspire you; surround yourself with people who lift you up." This might be kind of hard to do in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, for example, but would be easier to do in places like India, Thailand, Nepal, Tibet, maybe even Northern Europe.

@ChimpBrain I have an uncle that frequently visits Switzerland, he loves it! I keep forgetting about it. It's meant to be a very high quality of life.

Currently, I'm really attracted to Sweden or Norway. I always have been for some reason since I was a young teen. But I'm researching the realities to make sure its not just the "Scandinavia is Utopia" Myth that we get a lot of kicking in. I have visited a few cities in Sweden and it seems very nice. But I value nature a lot and man, Norway looks incredible. Maybe It's a "Grass is Greener" issue though. Can I ask if @Leo Gura has ever considered moving countries from the U.S? or does he see himself as fairly settled where he lives now? :)

All I can find so far are pop-quiz like things, those "Which country should you live based on your personality?" type things. I wonder if there is a deeper questionnaire somewhere, which could provide serious, high-quality suggestions for the individual to research? 

For now, I can only find this type of thing:

https://www.afar.com/magazine/which-country-should-be-your-second-home (I got Germany. Which I'm not that into :D )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/84be6876-0984-442f-b96e-c64f0f92f492 ( I got Mongolia. Not too sure :D )