martins name

How does realization of non-duality relate to enlightenment and nothingness?

2 posts in this topic

About a month ago on the 3rd day of a meditation retreat I became aware of that my present sensations are more fundamental to reality than the language that is layered on top of it. So all meaning, values and morals are completely groundless. I red the book 'Neti Neti Meditation' by Andre Doshim Halaw later that day and it talked about non-duality or suchness which seems to be what I became aware of. He also said that there is this nothingness that is deeper then suchness. In one of Leos videos he said that non-duality is couched in nothingness. Yet sometimes when people talk about enlightenment they sometimes seem to talk about non-duality and nothingness at the same time without making a clear distinction between the two, which is very confusing to me.

Isn't enlightenment the realization of nothingness? What does non-duality have to do with that?

I got the insight while doing the do nothing/letting go technique. If i want to pursue enlightenment should i try to get back to that state, doing the do nothing technique or is that only going to take me to non-duality and not nothingness? Or is starting a self inquiry practice a better alternative? Even tho I've gotten really good at doing nothing and I've only done self inquiry a handful of times.

Any information, book tips or resources related to the topic would be greatly appreciated.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Not groundless, just all relative to the inescapable actuality of love. 

Stop confusing yourself. All there is, is You, and you are love.

When you create a “reality” of finite things, then enter it, from within, what you really are, seems as if it’s nothing. Fucking hilarious. 

Contemplate how you’ve completely bullshitted yourself into believing you had some idea of what nothing is - though you have never experienced it directly. You just use the word nothing like it’s nothing. 

Step off the mind fuck ride for a minute, and see the common sense and hilarity at play. 

You’re really somethin man. Priceless. The last place we look, is of course, nowhere.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE