Anna

Anxiety - Your Stories & Solutions

26 posts in this topic

@Epiphany_Inspired may the force be with you. I won't wish you good luck cause I know for sure it's not about luck. It's all about you and finding it within you. You and everyone else already have it, all you need is re-discover it and enjoy results

@Epiphany_Inspired throwing myself in uncomfortable situations helped me a lot. I'm doing exactly what scares me (for no reason). And meditation to calm the mind.

Last week I went to another city with my boyfriend. I guess you can call it holiday. Worst thing about it is: I discovered deeper wounds and roots when it comes to anxiety. It's tough and I'm completely overwhelmed.

Unfortunately I fell off track and I'm back into bad habits.:(

@Anna I don't think you've fallen that far off track if you are that aware... but  it sounds like a tough situation for sure.... wishing you the best... .and, i'll try to throw myself into more uncomfortable situations too, thanks

I've been (sometimes still am) extremely anxious since middle school (school sucks for that in general) and got through some heavy drugs addiction period and always ended up in insanely scary void (ever experienced coming down from coke while trying to get sleep?). Now i'm 25 years old and nothing can change my mind about effectiveness of meditation and mindfulness when it comes to anxiety, addictions and compulsive behavior. No brainer. 

Edited by zakur0

I suffered many years from strong social anxiety. Today i thought i want to record a video on this topic from the perspective i now have. 

It's very general but you might get the idea. 

What it really comes down to in my experience is that there are many techniques that are very helpful. Especially working on a physical level can get results very fast.

But what i found was that all techniques just work to a certain degree. The only thing that allows you to leave it behind once and for all ist contemplating who is it that is anxious? Who feels the anxiety? Who defines it as anxiety? Who is this me that suffers the symptoms? etc.

The thing is we want to have a "me" that isn't anxious, that is free from all fears. But we don't realize that this hope is itself just created out of fear. xD

So just do what needs to be done and see the illusions melt away.