KenDo

Perfect Self discipline

3 posts in this topic

Greetings, my name is Ken. I want to become a true leader and help as many people as I can. To do this I must first lead myself and with this comes a degree of discipline I am currently lacking. I need to become the change I want to see and step up as a role model. I have so many things I want to commit to doing on a daily basis and so many things I want to abstain from. I want to live the life of an ascetic. Any advice on mastering your willpower and discipline? And by the way I am the kind of person who goes all out or doesn't do it at all. I suck at doing things half ass and being mediocre, it drives me nuts. It's got to be all or nothing so don't go telling me I shouldn't be so hard on myself and giving myself cheat days!! 

I see myself in what you are trying to accomplish.

If I were you, try to improve 1-2 things at a time (start by quitting 1-2 bad habits and replace them with some good ones) and don't start everything together.

Be aware of homeostasis.

@KenDo A  combination of meditating with a stop and start list and a pad of paper.   Every answer you want is right there in you, when the mind settles the most relevant thing for you to stop or start arises.

Don’t under estimate the balance of having those just for you “cheat” days.   They are as important as any practice.  If you are not having fun you are not fully on the path. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE