abrakamowse

How Do You Change A Core Belief?

38 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Is it possible that when you think on "money" you are also thinking on "lack of money'? @Isle of View ?

No, from my perspective money is energy. You have as much money as you are capable of generating.

There is nothing inherently good or bad when it comes to energy. 

But, as I said, philosophising and intelectual debate will not help you to overcome the actual limiting beliefs. 

By looking at the consequences of having a set belief, you unburden yourself from the accumulated charge connected with the belief. It's here where you can very easily let go or change it.

Kind regards,
Chris

Thanks again guys! Really helpful advises!

I will try them and I let you know how is it going.
:D

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse

Here is a read that can help you to overcome some of your limiting beliefs. You will need to get familiar with some of the shamanic words used in the article, but you can easily find them defined on the site.

Have a good read:
http://qentiwasi.com/2016/01/20/spirituality-and-money-dont-confuse-ayni-and-challay/

(Anyway, you should still use the process posted before. This article I give you so you have a new perspective on money.)

Kind regards, 
Chris

Very interesting @Isle of View  thanks again!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

I think it comes down to your intentions, for example when you think about money is it coming from a worried fearful place as in 'I haven't got enough money' or 'if only I had enough money', as you're worrying about it I'm guessing this is close. If this is the case then this is a scarcity mindset.

If you think about the law of attraction, which you've mentioned what they're talking about is an abundance mentality, which is basically telling your body you've already experienced whatever you're trying to experience (check out joe dispenza on YouTube, very interesting!), and then the experience eventually manifests, this can also be seen when athletes visualise success. 

So what you may be doing is thinking visualising your lack of money, or dwelling on the fact that you haven't got money, now your body is going to react the same way it does if you visualise success and manifest whatever you think, ie lack. 

Going back to the athlete example if a 100m runner were to think 'I don't want to lose' that has a very different affect to 'I'm going to take it to my limit and run the best race I can'. 

Also ask yourself do I really want to make money, not in a negative way but what is the core of your intention, as in what do you want the money for? In this case you can bypass the money and get to what you actually want. For example you could say I want a better quality of life, maybe a better life for you is actually moving to Thailand where it's cheap and you'd enjoy it more, you don't necessarily need money for it. So look at the why of the money, because just wanting money is like saying I want energy, well what will you use the energy for once you get it? 

Transcend it mate, money should be kept in the pocket and not in the head.B|

Even if you are longing for more money you`ll have to transcend. Obviously your current position and view is not adequate enough, so transcend!

When you become independent of it, then it will show up around every corner you can think off.

Thanks @Henri and @Consept  great advise!

Really my idea is not about having money, I want to do something related with my dreams that is cartooning, comics, illustrations, etc. And make a living of that, now I am in the transition now so I feel like my day job is taking me so much time to dedicate to my dream job and is like I never find the time for advancing on my dream job. I feel like stuck, but I was thinking that maybe my mindset about "I am doing because I like it, not because of money, money will come from what I do" is preventing me of having the money.

Lol

32 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Really my idea is not about having money, I want to do something related with my dreams that is cartooning, comics, illustrations, etc. And make a living of that, now I am in the transition now so I feel like my day job is taking me so much time to dedicate to my dream job and is like I never find the time for advancing on my dream job. I feel like stuck, but I was thinking that maybe my mindset about "I am doing because I like it, not because of money, money will come from what I do" is preventing me of having the money.

(bold mine)

I can absolutely follow where you're coming from.

Congratulations.

Now that you found your contradictory mindset, look how you can optimise your guiding belief in this area of your life.

I wish you good luck in your endavours. 

~Chris

@abrakamowse

I get where you're coming from, but again you really have to look for where the fear is. You're actually lucky in that you know what you want to do or what field will make you happy, so thats definitely a positive, but then you feel like theres something holding you back. You would say its money consciously but look into yourself and see if theres a fear of actually going full on into what you want to do. 

I would say whats stopping you is you're energy and intention being pulled in different ways, so instead of putting 100% into the art you're thinking 'I can't advance in my dream job because of my regular job' and then you're also worrying about changing your mindset. The only way to really make headway (and its not an easy path) is to go full force into what you want to do. That might mean putting aside a few hours a day to work on it, or even working less hours at your job, but in reality its the only way things will change for you. If you think of yourself as a computer you're currently using a lot of ram on tasks that you don't need to when you should be using as much as possible on what you were built for, if you don't then whats the point?

@Consept  and @Isle of View I think you both understand what I was trying to say. I think you are right and I am making an excuse to not continue doing my art , If I am good money will come.

I think my fear is that "following my dream will not bring me money", and that's the mindset our parents, friends, relatives tend to instill in us and I wasn't aware of it until I talked with you guys.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your thoughts. You helped me to clarify mine!
^_^

On 3/19/2016 at 4:28 PM, abrakamowse said:

I was just curious about how the users of the forum change a belief.

I watched Teal Swan methods and other in youtube but I would like to know more about what others do to change.

abrakamowse, the best way to end beliefs is to stop functioning as the identity and function as a being of consciousness.  There will be no beliefs there in that state of being.

On 4/17/2016 at 10:58 PM, charlie2dogs said:

abrakamowse, the best way to end beliefs is to stop functioning as the identity and function as a being of consciousness.  There will be no beliefs there in that state of being.

Yeah, that's true. My mind is still playing games to me and it's hard to stop it.
:P

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Yeah, that's true. My mind is still playing games to me and it's hard to stop it.

Look up willful paradigm shifting.

http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/paradigmshift/

It involves putting on, sincerely, beliefs, and worlviews, till you understand them, and than drop them for some other belief or worldview.

It is utilized by Chaos Magic practitioners, and Discordianism (sometimes).

But you will realize after doing it a few times that throughout this, one thing remains the same; awareness. 

Beliefs become like clothes, you can choose to put them on, or not. But awareness of qualia does not change its only how you color the  qualia with the belief you put on.

Beware though, it can drive some people insane.

Edited by SkyPanther

On 3/19/2016 at 4:28 PM, abrakamowse said:

I was just curious about how the users of the forum change a belief.

I watched Teal Swan methods and other in youtube but I would like to know more about what others do to change.

your core being has no beliefs, all belief is of the identity, the best way is to realize that and simply stop believing, just drop it.  Belief is never real but the identity thinks it is.

@abrakamowse In my opinion, the difficulty is to recognize a believe and to differentiate between the actual truth and a believe, because your believes are during so long time your "truth".

Once you have discovered that it's just a believe, you can drop it or smile at it as a good joke and therefore stop following it.

So my question would be, how do you recognize a believe?

19 hours ago, MartineF said:

@abrakamowse In my opinion, the difficulty is to recognize a believe and to differentiate between the actual truth and a believe, because your believes are during so long time your "truth".

Once you have discovered that it's just a believe, you can drop it or smile at it as a good joke and therefore stop following it.

So my question would be, how do you recognize a believe?

Intuition?

19 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

your core being has no beliefs, all belief is of the identity, the best way is to realize that and simply stop believing, just drop it.  Belief is never real but the identity thinks it is.

I agree with that, I think that's the response you were looking for @MartineF   True self has no belief, so drop them all!

@SkyPanther  Thanks for the info, I will try that. Cool. Thanks everyone for their comments!!! @MartineF  @charlie2dogs  @Consept

:)