Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Helpful Insight I came across

3 posts in this topic

I want to share an insight I had which I believe would help some of you in the forums.

When I heard people say that reality is an illusion, or reality is a void, I pictured that reality would be a black screen once realising enlightenment, or that reality would disappear into white light, as everything is an illusion and illusions are not real = does not exist = not there, therefore everything is white light.

What I didn't realise was that I had totally misunderstood what an illusion actually is.

Illusions exist. Illusions are real. Don't think that when enlightenment happens, everything will just magically disappear. Your experience is real, its Truth with a capital T, its an illusion, and the illusion is True.

The problem is that you are misinterpreting what you are seeing. Its not that what you are seeing isn't real, its your interpretation that isn't real.

It may seem like you aren't interpreting anything.  But what if you are without realizing it. 

For example take the screen you are looking at right now.  The screen is an illusion, and the illusion is True, its real. An illusion is real and its the screen. The problem is you think the illusion represents something that you aren't experiencing, which is shape, far away from you, electrons inside it, all the theory you learnt.

Enlightenment doesn't mean your screen will dissapear, it just means you will not believe in all the stuff that you can't see right now anyway. You will see the screen as an illusion, and you will see the illusion for what it is, the illusion is real, and the screen is real (True) as an illusion. When you see that, everything will fall into one, as a bunch of separated illusions which are all one.

@electroBeam Very good.

15 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

The problem is that you are misinterpreting what you are seeing. Its not that what you are seeing isn't real, its your interpretation that isn't real

Can you see what is the extent of interpretation? Interpretation is yet another thing that you 'see'.
The tricky thing to notice is that the intepretation and what is being perceived occurs in the same space.

Look at your hand. Its 'handness' is not 'in here', behind your eyes, but 'out there', juxtaposed with what you see.
The link between the hand and its 'handness' is what we call obviousness
Contemplating obviousness is a great tool of self-inquiry.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2