Revolutionary Think

The Scientist, The Lion, and The Jester

2 posts in this topic

Well I just had an epiphany of a life time when I was doing a top strengths assessment through the life purpose course. I boiled myself down to a personality trifecta. One part genius scientist, one part ferocious lion, and another part funny jester. So I got this epiphany in bed all of a sudden and these persona's are very congruent with my top strengths, my journey through life, and ultimately they will all be present in my life purpose.

The Scientist - Ever since I was a kid I was never really into sports and more into science and technology. In fact I got Judgment, critical thinking, open-mindedness, creativity, ingenuity, originality, and perspective wisdom in my top strengths assessment all wonderful traits of a good scientist. Not only that but, I remember loving to experiment especially in video games. Every time I played a video game where I had multiple options of something to do even if I chose the right option I always wanted to go back and try out the other option because I always had this curiosity to want to know what would happen no matter what I did. I was mostly the shy one that wouldn't exactly get involved in the conversation I would mostly observe the conversation and think about the conversation in my head. Every time something happened I didn't quite understand why, I would always ask why whether it was the actions of a person, an ancient society, or an organization. I remember when my 4th grade class took a trip to the California Science Center and I remember enjoying it and every single museum or science center that I went to I would always enjoy the interactive exhibits the most. When it came to people and their emotions I always took the time to understand their emotions and look at things from their perspective and ask myself what I would do if I were in their shoes. When I saw a plane and/or a helicopter fly over my head I was always inspired by the possibilities for human innovation and exploration. When I was travelling that's when I felt the most happy especially when I got a window seat I would always stare out that window seat looking at the ground or the ocean below me and be memorized. Then after that I would love exploring the place that was traveled to and even at the hotel I wanted to check out all of the floors and push all the buttons that were available to push ^_^. I enjoyed being curios exploring the world and experimenting with ideas and objects. 

The Lion - The lion came out of the turmoil and frustration in my life. Now here is the interesting coincidental part of the lion. My name Ariel in Hebrew actually translates into Lion of god and Leo the founder of this forum his name also means lion. Anyway the strengths I had that corresponded to the lion were fairness, equity, and justice. So after my parents got a divorce a dark cloud lifted itself above my life. I had a family situation that I couldn't relate to and a school I felt unhappy and inadequate in. I felt like I was in a cage constantly being poked and prodded from the screwed up system around me. It got to a point where I was so dismayed and annoyed I felt like biting one of these teachers in the face and ripping off their skin (as you can tell I didn't do it). I had these revenge fantasies of me coming at the school with tanks and helicopters and starting a coup throwing the principal out of the window in front of the students and getting all the homework assignments and shoving it right up the teachers you know where. The boredom, the frustration, and the anguish all culminated in me in 8th grade. I had a chance in a class room to speak about how I felt in 8th grade and I railed and ranted against the entire school, the administration, and the teachers the next thing I know all the students were cheering me on and from that point on they wanted to hear more from me. From that moment forward my stage fright melted away I was and I was no longer afraid of people. I could stand up to people who wanted to bully me and I wasn't afraid of speaking my opinion in a sometimes abrasive manner. I can now give speeches as if I'm a holy priest with passion and an iron-clad conviction that is from the heart and deal with the consequences later. 

The Jester - This one was a way after the scientist and a little bit before the lion. In 4th grade I made another shy friend who enjoyed video games and me and him would joke about every possible thing we could, just for fun. We'd make fun of teachers who tried to control the playground like fascists and we called them the boring police. We called recess slave recreation time. We even talked about how the school was too cheap to pay for real grass so they put AstroTurf instead. We'd make words up like what do you call a guy who works for NASA but, is also an asshole well you'd call him a Nasshole. Then we'd say what do a call a helicopter when a stinkbomb goes off in it... a smellicopter. Not only that but, even when I and him were playing video games we used to do wild and wacky things and say jokes about it. We'd make up hilarious stories about how Shakespeare was so important because every corporate CEO needs to pass a Shakespeare test before he gets a job at a widget factory. (Basically we were making fun of the school to jobs disconnect.) Also I did a couple of open comedy mics with a good reception. I can also copy people's accents from around the world in a way that makes people laugh. Me and this friend to this day still make hilarious jokes and stories. 

So anyway these three powerful personalities I think would make for a great speaker/debater. The scientist can explain things, the lion has the conviction, and the jester can have the people laughing. All three of these personalities piggyback off of each other and strengthen the other one. One personality can keep the other personality in check. I learned to embrace all three and use them at the appropriate times with age and experience. I wanted to share that with all of you. Maybe you can see what personas/personalities ring true with all of you as well. Where they came from, why they are there, and how you can use them. 

Edited by Revolutionary Think

Sounds like you're on the right track. Keep following that breadcrumb trail like a hungry bloodhound (or lion) ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.