Ayla

Mind Attacks After Initial Seeing

27 posts in this topic

Yesterday the mind was doing a big attack, but I remembered all the posts here, specially this one @Ayla  and nothing happened. I just stayed in my "being-ness" and all was great. The mind can go crazy, I don't mind. Lol

Today I am beginning to notice that something observes the concept "I AM"

Thanks!

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

This book just came to me hehehe...

"There is no one
There is nothing and no one to get
No one to receive a teaching
No one to give a teaching
That being said
Who hears?
Who reads?
Let’s begin... "

From the book "The Zen of Advaita" by Nisargadatta Maharaj

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The feeling of "I" or "me" or "self" is a THOUGHT-stream that points to a center that experiences all of this, (an experiencer, a seer, a doer, a feeler). But if you really look carefully, You will see that there's no such thing. 

I will give an example. You think there is a YOU "in there" that decides that is wanting an orange. But let's look closely: is there any you? Isn't there just a thought popping out? If there would be a YOU pulling that thought from somewhere, you could also keep it from popping in your head. What about the cases when there's no orange at hand? Why would you think that thought ? 

Consider this: body is formed of a series of substances that have a certain homeostasis between them. At one point, body needs vitamin C, water, sugar and sends signal to brain - brain quickly "translates" that need into the closest IDEA that has been stored inside through repetition and emotional attachment. 

Now chose your pants :D Do you? Really? Mechanism is a bit more complex here. Lets take a man (to simplify things) - brain already knows that he needs pants to go out. Brain scans VERY rapidly through an enormous series of neuronal path's "database" - what is acceptable for the particular circumstance, what length and color, emotional components, memories, attachments to textures and colors, etc.

Let's see if there really is a doer of stuff somewhere in there. When a thought pops up, if you are very aware of what begins to unfold, you will realize that action takes place automatically after the thought has taken place. Body and mind know exactly what to do, both within limits of their past conditioning. Same thing with feelings. Feelings arise from somewhere, triggering body and mind into patterns (usually repetitive), but look closely and see that in fact, nobody is there to feel those feelings. They simply are felt in body with mental translation. 

One last point I want to make: if you are looking for "I" with any kind of an agenda, or interest, of personal benefit, etc, you're headed in the opposite direction! Looking is a relaxation and not a constriction. It is a letting go, and not a thirst. 

If you're having trouble with "not seeing", look into the fear of "how am I going to function without an I"? - well... you have always done it. Nothing will change. There is nobody to function... 

:)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Whenever you tell me what is going on in your (outer) life, you are actually telling me what is going on in YOU. LITERALLY! 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

On 02/07/2016 at 3:00 PM, Ayla said:

If you're having trouble with "not seeing", look into the fear of "how am I going to function without an I"? - well... you have always done it. Nothing will change. There is nobody to function... 

I like this Ayla. This reminds me of a Tony Parsons comment, he said we don't need the "I" to pay the mortgage.  The only thing the "I" does is worry about the mortgage :) 

Everything that has happened has happened anyway without the involvement regardless of whether the "I" agrees with it or not.  

The only function the "I" performs is resistance, as far as I can see. 

@Ayla I really appreciated your posts on handling the attacks of the mind when pursuing enlightenment. 

I have a good intellectual grasp now, finally, on what enlightenment is, and as I've been contemplating and being honest with myself, I've realized that the road ahead is temporarily not going to feel nice :) 

I know enlightenment is not an intellectual realization, but intellectually stripping away what is false has made truth appear less cloudy, and I'm grasping the ramifications of stripping away this false self and it is scary thinking about it :) 

I've printed off some of your posts about handling the inevitable protests from the mind and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing! I have them printed out to read when the mind attacks occur. 

This topic will be continued here: 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com