Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rebec

Sotapanna vs Perceiving the Bull

5 posts in this topic

What is the differents between Sotapanna (stream-enterer) and Perceiving the Bull (Ten Ox-herding pictures)? 

Is the Sutta Pitaka the only text which describes rebirth(s) with the four stages? Is there also a description in the Zen tradition about rebirth(s)?

I think Sutta Pitaka contains the Pali Canon's sole reference to the four stages of awakening. This map is, of course, further elaborated in the Visudhimaga. 

I am unfamiliar with "Perceiving the Bull". Is this a dharma concept? 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

They are depictions of the interior and how to unlock the inside energy, being. 

Sotapanna is Kundalini centering depiction. (the noble eightfold paths or 2nd chakra)

Ten Ox-herding pictures are the depictions of the 10 commandments or in other words the first 5 chakras. (or mainly the 3rd Plexus)  

Edited by Quanty

31 minutes ago, Quanty said:

They are depictions of the interior and how to unlock the inside energy, being. 

Sotapanna is Kundalini centering depiction. (the noble eightfold paths or 2nd chakra)

Hi @Quanty! I would appreciate an elaboration on this. What do you mean by "Kundalini centering depiction"? I am not familiar with this concept.

As far as I am aware Sotapanna has nothing to do with kundalini. "Kundalini awakening" implies about the same as "insight into arising and passing away" which is a major landmark on the path towards sotapanna, not with sotapanna itself.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

5 hours ago, Erlend K said:

Hi @Quanty! I would appreciate an elaboration on this. What do you mean by "Kundalini centering depiction"? I am not familiar with this concept.

As far as I am aware Sotapanna has nothing to do with kundalini. "Kundalini awakening" implies about the same as "insight into arising and passing away" which is a major landmark on the path towards sotapanna, not with sotapanna itself.

The truth will be always disguised in art as double fold edge sword. This is how humanity works in general. I used only words of mine, not as a concept. I used my 6th sense to describe the hidden truths about "Sotapanna" & "Perceiving the Bull". I've unleashed an opinion from the other side, don't take it as an authority. Find the truth for yourself.