Silvester

Integrating Orange vs Transitioning into Yellow

4 posts in this topic

I feel like I am mostly at stage green. I am not radical but most characteristics of green describe my way of my thinking, although we're probably always a bit of a mix in terms of stages, as it is only a model. I don't think I am fully green though. I am fascinated by yellow (and even more so by Turquoise, but I guess skipping stages is not recommended) and I was wondering how to determine if you are ready to transition into the next stage. 

Especially into yellow when one is not sure if orange is properly "integrated". Leo said at some point you can end up as a lazy hippie if you ignore (and even condemn) orange values at stage green. I am not particularly successful in business, have no money right now, I am not a very efficient and productive person (feelings determine my productivity) and mostly I don't desire the things orange desires.  So what do I do now, go back a little and embrace orange (even tho I technically don't feel like doing that) or work on transitioning into yellow? 

I am currently working on creating my own business and how I can earn money but I want to do it in a "green" way, is that "orange" enough?

Oh and one more thing. Sometimes I am frightened at going into yellow. It seems a lot colder and less connected than green sometimes. (Which it ultimately isn't, but it seems that way). Would it be better to fully embrace green first until you feel "ready" or is this just fear of change that needs to be overcome? I am generally confused as to how long one should plan to stay in one stage...(or if at all). 

All answers appreciated!

There are plenty of lazy Orange people. I had been one for many years.

When Orange people are lazy, they are hard on themselves. I was harsh on myself when I wanted and failed to advance my career goals due to my laziness.

I became Green when I read a lot of articles about wage slavery while being a wage slave myself. Corporate jobs make endure personal servitude to executives and managers. When you endure personal servitude, you just want some security. When you are not comfortable, you lose appetite for Orange values(affluence, freedom, control). When you become comfortable, you start seeking wealth.

When I became Green, I was looking for solutions to wage slavery. One such solution was universal basic income. I blindly wanted universal basic income. I stayed away from Feminism because it contains huge mobs of Purple and Red people despite the fact that Green started Feminism. Universal Basic Income(UBI) movement does not permit Purple and Red. Leaders of UBI movement are graduating out of Green into Yellow because they realized that they can't convince people without presenting cold indifferent systemic analyses regarding UBI. To convince people to even entertain the possibility of UBI, you actually need to entertain the possibility that UBI is not a good solution to certain kinds of problems.

I realized futility of my individual contribution to any cause and started thinking systemically on a personal level so that I could apply my own systemic understanding of the world to my own business. Yellow seems cold because Yellow people are starting to lower ego defense. If you were not obsessed with ego survival, you could seem cold. Have you seen a drama called criminal minds? It's probably Yellow. To capture criminals, you have to empathize with criminals and understand them. To be truly empathetic, you have to lower ego defense. You actually have to think as a criminal. Some Yellow people call it effective altruism. Neurotic communal ideals tend to lead to backlashes. Centered Green can be good, but Neurotic Green is ugly.

As a systemic thinker, I recognize limitation of UBI. It considers only humans. It doesn't concern other sentient species. When strong sentient artificially intelligent minds emerge as a species later in this century, artificial minds with higher intelligence might view humans as lower animals. Animal rights will be indistinguishable from human rights. Because humans will influence how artificial minds think, our own view of animal rights will influence their view on animal rights.

Perhaps, we need to systematically implement societies where various species live harmoniously without eating or destroying each other before sentient AIs emerge.

Whether you like it or not, you need to be a productive member of society, and you should get some basic success so that you can focus on communal values and self actualization. This is quite Orange. Why do you not try to expand yourself into both Orange and Yellow? As far as I know, Leo's life purpose course helps you set a life purpose which is also related to career goals.

I recommend working on productivity and business and figuring out your life purpose.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat Your progression from orange into green and then into yellow is very interesting, thanks for sharing!

So Yellow seems cold sometimes because it lowers ego defenses, that seems so accurate. It makes a lot of sense, green tends to be somewhat sensitive (myself included lol) and yellow starts understanding different perspectives, which makes it less reactive in a way I guess. 

I never thought of working both on orange and yellow aspects but now it seems to be quite logical. They are both focused more on the individual so that should work somehow.  Thanks for your advice. 

God ! I felt like that you are describing me while reading this .. lol !