Mondsee

Spiral Dynamics Stage Coral

45 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2018 at 6:13 AM, DocHoliday said:

"What's the highest stage?" "How can I get to the top?" "I really really really want to be at the top (of the spiral)!" "I don't want to be stuck at lower stages, I always want to ascend further and further!" "I need to constantly grow!" "I know that S.D should not be turned into a competitive race but I'll do it anyway!" "I'm at a stage that's totally above you, how do you like that, huh?!" "Subconsciously I'm so egotistical and so individualistic that I simply can't and couldn't possibly be at any particular stage that anybody else is on!" "Fuck you all, I'm feeling so superior that I'm inventing my own stage, hah!"

I agree with this.

But there seems to be a weird pattern that I see in people. 

Some people believe there is something "beyond" turquoise. They don't use spiral dynamics terms or the spiral dynamics colors. But these people have access into infinity --- but then go back down into ego-mind to do deep shadow work and to understand the "machinery" of the mind and how it was created.  And then they reprimand "turquoise" as escapism. An escape into infinity without having to look at traumas and ego wounding in detail.

Is this another stage?  Or is this still turquoise? Or are these just confused yellow people?

They don't use the spiral dynamics terminology. But I notice this is a huge trend of people intentionally choosing not to "swim in infinity" because they believe in the importance of shadow work.

Some saying "If I was meant to be a spirit on earth, I would be dead."

Or "If we are one, then I can't be enlightened until every person on earth becomes enlightened."

This is intentionally rejecting turquoise as the path we should not be taking.

Who are these people? haha Because I keep hearing this pattern of people rejecting turquoise. Is this a stage?

They don't use the spiral dynamics terminology though --- but I can see what is happening.

@11modal11 Okay I've listened to what he had to say now and what I can say is that I kinda understand what he means with coral and where he’s going with his understanding of the model, which seems to be very close to the original way it’s supposed to be picked up in a way that doesn’t include self-actualisation or mysticism at all... and I don’t like it as much as Leo has been presenting it to us in a way which -does- deliberately include self-actualisation and mysticism. I also can’t and don’t resonate with the speaker at all in terms of his personality and his way of presenting himself and that which he has to teach to others. But that’s just me of course:) For others it might be interesting/helpful... but just as Leo thruthfully said in another thread somewhere else: Non-duality transcends all [actual and theoretical] stages [that there are and/or could be]. So it’s the best to shoot for anyways?

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Brittany I’m by no means implying that spiral dynamics is some truth guide or should be followed by any means. It is a specific model designed for a specific purpose to detect vMemes emerging from life conditions,  in saying that in order to actually refer to the model, the model has set specifications. It is a model of specific “emergent phenomena.” It was never intended to be a map of “truth.” If we see it that way we are not actually utilizing the model.

I was wrong!

I figured out what I was referring to. 

bo·dhi·satt·va:  (in Mahayana Buddhism) a person who is able to reach nirvana but delays doing so out of compassion in order to save suffering beings.

I guess I noticed a ton of bodhisattva's.