Puppet Master

Why you are you, you?

6 posts in this topic

Every decision you've made in your entire existence sent you to this very thread. And here an important question is going to be answered!

Why you are who you are?

Why are you currently living the life you are living? Why are you , you , and me, me? Why are you not Donald Trump and why Sam Harris is not Bill Clinton? Why the starving African kid is not a fat overweight American kid? Why John doe is not Jane Doe?

After all you did not choose yourself, you did not pick your genes, the era your were born in or pretty much anything. Even the language you're speaking in now, what is that? You're able to read what is being written here and decipher and give it some sort of meaning. What is happening? Why are you your brain? Why are you Consciousness? Why are you intelligent? Who's intelligent? Did you really think you made yourself intelligent? That you were the creator of your own intelligence?

How could have you thought that you were yourself? You literally tricked yourself into thinking you were yourself. You were so busy with the contents of reality that you've never seen that you were not yourself. You literally have 0 free will not because some neurons in your brain are firing randomly but because you are not even yourself to begin with. Anything you do is something you did not do. This is the haunted universe. There's nobody in this entire universe. Nobody is pulling the strings, there's literally no one doing anything. Nothing ever happened , reality is the biggest illusion/trick. This thread was never written. Reality is so tricky it can even trick itself into believing it was written through scientific methods and concepts.

Edited by Puppet Master

17 hours ago, Puppet Master said:

How could have you thought that you were yourself? You literally tricked yourself into thinking you were yourself. You were so busy with the contents of reality that you've never seen that you were not yourself. You literally have 0 free will not because some neurons in your brain are firing randomly but because you are not even yourself to begin with. Anything you do is something you did not do. This is the haunted universe. There's nobody in this entire universe. Nobody is pulling the strings, there's literally no one doing anything. Nothing ever happened , reality is the biggest illusion/trick. This thread was never written. Reality is so tricky it can even trick itself into believing it was written through scientific methods and concepts.

So much truth in this last part here. I have written similar things myself. Thanks for sharing you put this really well. There is literally only 1 thing that has ever been here. 

Edited by metwinn

Something right happened, that is why you are you and I am me, and at the same time we are One and the Same.

12 minutes ago, tentacion said:

Something right happened, that is why you are you and I am me, and at the same time we are One and the Same.

You are you and I am me is only mind created :D

I've been interested in this questions as long as I can remember.  We are ourselves, we don't remember when we started being ourselves, and it seems that we could have just as easily been any other living entity.

Possible explanations I've heard is that A is A, A could not be B.  Matter can come together in such a way so as to create a perceiving being, and someone has to be that perceiving being.  That seems reasonable on the surface, but when it comes to me being the perceiving being, it makes no sense that I'm this lump of matter rather than a different one.  There is no mechanism or rule that makes me me rather than my dog.  There is just a self aware lump of matter and somehow I got the lump of matter I got.  And then we can go deeper like well what if we cut off your arm are you still you, etc.  What makes you you?

Ultimately I think the only answer is that like you said, you're not you.  Similarly with "why/how is there something rather than nothing"?  There isn't really something.  Every perception, distinction, identification, thought etc etc is illusory and not ultimately true.

Still, I'd like to know why it seems that I'm me rather than something else.  This body constantly in awareness in the waking state, albeit slowly changing.  Why not a different one, or multiple ones, or no body?  But then, why did I dream that I was running from a half bear half human last night.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”