Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocHoliday

Transition From Orange to Green

4 posts in this topic

Here are some excerpts from the book that I'm currently writing which seemed fitting to me describing the transition-mindset from orange to green. In this particular section I was writing on, I was indirectly focusing on the ways our subconscious drive for survival is linked to- and manifested in our contemporary (largely orange-dominated) society and culture.

"The further we are away from the losing end, the lesser we could care about the consequences of our actions or about what happens to other people, animals or the environment, since our own self-agenda is not primarily built upon the wellbeing and benefit of people or creatures that are not ourselves. In other words: the lesser we are able to identify ourselves with things that are different and seemingly other than ourselves, the more we are capable to inflict harm or damage upon them." 

"Thus, modern culture is still largely built upon the crab-mentality that represents the basic behaviour of crabs in a bucket. Whenever one tries to escape it, all the other crabs will pull it back down so that in the end, all crabs will die together. If I’m going to die, you will die with me – privilege that is exclusively granted to you is unbearable to me, as I always come first and what happens to all the others is not my concern."

"It’s undoubtedly purely narcissistic and egocentric behaviour that we essentially all live by, without ever admitting that we do it. [...] But, just like crabs in a bucket, there is no way to achieve the best for all if we can’t come around to acknowledge our behaviour and to start acting selfishly in a more unified and cooperative way, based on the knowledge that what I want, is basically what you want too."

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Brittany Thanks! @Sahil Pandit Yeah, from time to time I might post some little snippets and excerpts again, we'll see!:)

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!