from chaos into self

What inspires you to meditate?

4 posts in this topic

Sorry if it is weird to have no profile image, the "upload image" button is one of the buttons that fails to work with apple software right now.

I am trying to get into meditation and a friend referred me to leo. But I like asking people too! So - 

1. When you go to try to meditate, does something deter you? 
  2. If so, what inspires you to overcome that resistence?
  3. What technique is your favorite, and is it the same technique that you practice most often?
  4. What inspires you to return to your practice?
  5. Did you self-teach in a significant way, or mostly just learn from the guidance of others - books, videos, teachers... 

I am just curious! I am going to be searching for the answers to these myself.. But in the mean time as I discover it, I'm looking forward to opening my mind to others' preferences too - I hope to learn from everyone!

oh... also... is yoga meditation? I took yoga classes before, and it seemed like an introspective practice. Is that what meditation is - introspection? 

When you go to try to meditate, does something deter you? The Thinker

If so, what inspires you to overcome that resistence? The Awareness

What technique is your favorite, and is it the same technique that you practice most often? Just Being

What inspires you to return to your practice? Inner-Peace

Did you self-teach in a significant way, or mostly just learn from the guidance of others - books, videos, teachers...?  Both, I create my own way that suits me best and provides the path of least resistance thus highest joy.

Yoga is a spiritual art form and in a sense can be practiced as meditation if that is what works for you.

Meditation helps you see and understand reality in its purest form, in its divine order.

Meditation makes you more and more your true self. That self which created everything you experience.

Hope this helps :)

B R E A T H E

Reconnecting with the present moment is my inspiration. 

IG: joselnix

@pluto when I go to meditate, I do my meditation in the morning. There is too much resistance through out the day to stop me. Meditation has benefits in all areas of life, spirtual, physical etc. What motivates me is my end goal, I reoccomend completing the life purpose course to find a compelling vision. Death keeps me going everyday, knowing this is a game and one day I'm going to disappear gears me to read/do whatever self-help work is needed. Find your path and give all the love you can through it - it's all a moment in time