Shakazulu

Family Matters

9 posts in this topic

Yet who's family is perfect? Growing up I had family issues like anyone else does, I'm the youngest of my family. All my siblings are living their own lives. I'm living my own. Indeed I do feel far from them all, we all used to live with each other. I feel I can't fix it, I'm not the father of the house, I feel that's god's duty and I should just be, am I wrong?

3 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

Indeed I do feel far from them all, we all used to live with each other.

Jesus said “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." ◄ Luke 14:26 ►

Unless you drop all the conditionings that your family have put inside you, unless the family disappear from your inner world totally, you will not be able to grow, to become mature.

Edited by Prabhaker

perhaps I should start reading the bible, I grew up Christian but I see Jesus as a role model @Prabhaker

1 hour ago, Shakazulu said:

perhaps I should start reading the bible, I grew up Christian but I see Jesus as a role model

You can start reading the Bible, you can see Jesus as role model, but it is not easy to follow Jesus.

Jesus said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." ◄ Luke 9:23 ►

"Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple." ◄ Luke 14:27 ►

Surrender is suffering, your whole ego will suffer.

@Prabhaker did Jesus say this because those who end up enlightened are those who break out society's norm? That same one those around us like our family follow?

18 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

Yet who's family is perfect? Growing up I had family issues like anyone else does, I'm the youngest of my family. All my siblings are living their own lives. I'm living my own. Indeed I do feel far from them all, we all used to live with each other. I feel I can't fix it, I'm not the father of the house, I feel that's god's duty and I should just be, am I wrong?

I already had the same questions before. And I understand why these questions appeared.

In my case, I am the eldest son. For this reason, to my family, I had to set the example, etc ...

But when I decided to surrender myself to God, it seemed that I had created a war with my family. They didn't want to understand that my choice was surrendering to God and not what they (and society) think I should or shouldn't do.

Now, about your question, if the family matters, here's where I stand: If they respect your choice and are supporting you in your journey... sure. Of course, it matters. Otherwise, respect their choice but they have to respect your choices too.

7 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

who end up enlightened are those who break out society's norm?

Avoid confrontation with society/ family, otherwise much of your energy will be wasted. The outer world should become a drama for you and you start acting in it. An intelligent person will inevitably live in society only as an actor acting, and in no other way. His relationship with society is only that of being an actor in a play.