Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

The spiritual death of the West!

13 posts in this topic

In his most recent video, Stefan Molyneux is finally addressing spirituality.

Epic, to say the least. Filled with spirituality, philosophy, knowledge on ancient Greece and Roman empire and other interesting parts of Western history. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

2 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

The spiritual death of the West!

Aristotle is considered the "Father of Western Philosophy". The western mind is basically logical, it can't accept anything beyond Aristotelian logic.

Great civilization in Greece couldn't understand Heraclitus,  Socrates, Pythagoras, Plotinus , Diogenes as spiritually enlightened persons and declined. Heraclitus in Greece not known as an enlightened person but as Heraclitus the Obscure. Plato called Diogenes "a Socrates gone mad". Socrates was poisoned. Pythagoras was killed by a mob. 

15 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Aristotle is considered the "Father of Western Philosophy". The western mind is basically logical, it can't accept anything beyond Aristotelian logic.

Great civilization in Greece couldn't understand Heraclitus,  Socrates, Pythagoras, Plotinus , Diogenes as spiritually enlightened persons and declined. Heraclitus in Greece not known as an enlightened person but as Heraclitus the Obscure. Plato called Diogenes "a Socrates gone mad". Socrates was poisoned. Pythagoras was killed by a mob. 

Didn't know about Pythagoras, very interesting! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

11 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Didn't know about Pythagoras

Pythagoras was an ancient Greek philosopher. He was famous throughout Greece as the leader of a religious community (the Pythagoreans), for his belief that the soul is immortal and in the possibility of reincarnation. Pythagoras’s belief in the immortality of the soul and the possibility of reincarnation was a huge break from tradition.

Because of his belief in reincarnation, Pythagoras also maintained that what you do in this life will determine what happens to you after you die. As such, he created a way of life for himself and his followers that would allow the soul to be purified so that it could have the best reincarnation, and ideally would be able to break from the cycle of reincarnation altogether by uniting with the divine. This way of life brought about another important break from tradition. Instead of honoring the Gods with prayers and gifts, now the focus was on purifying oneself in order to influence what will happen to you when you die.

Once when Pythagoras was present at the beating of a puppy, he pitied it and said ‘stop, don't keep hitting him, since it is the soul of a man who is dear to me, which I recognized, when I heard it yelping.

He was the first philosopher in the West to create a lasting vegetarian legacy.

Greeks have completely ignored Pythagoras as a mystic. Pythagoras risked all and everything. He traveled all around the world that was known in those days, studied under all kinds of masters, entered into all kinds of mystery schools. Pythagoras studied with the ” great teachers of Egypt” and it is he who brought the knowledge and wisdom from Egypt to Greece. How to open third eye by an ancient Egyptian method was also used by Pythagoras. 

Pythagoras was the first bridge between east and the west. The day Pythagoras died, thousands of his disciples were massacred and burnt. A disciple escaped the school, his name was Lysis. And he escaped, not to save his life , he escaped just to save something of the Master’s teachings. The Golden Verses of Pythagoras were written by Lysis. The whole school was burnt, and thousands of disciples were simply murdered and butchered. And all that Pythagoras had accumulated on his journeys , great treasures, great scriptures from China, India, Tibet, Egypt, years and years of work , all was burnt.

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

Greeks have completely ignored Pythagoras as a mystic. Pythagoras risked all and everything. He traveled all around the world that was known in those days, studied under all kinds of masters, entered into all kinds of mystery schools. Pythagoras studied with the ” great teachers of Egypt” and it is he who brought the knowledge and wisdom from Egypt to Greece. How to open third eye by an ancient Egyptian method was also used by Pythagoras. 

Pythagoras was the first bridge between east and the west. The day Pythagoras died, thousands of his disciples were massacred and burnt. A disciple escaped the school, his name was Lysis. And he escaped, not to save his life , he escaped just to save something of the Master’s teachings. The Golden Verses of Pythagoras were written by Lysis. The whole school was burnt, and thousands of disciples were simply murdered and butchered. And all that Pythagoras had accumulated on his journeys , great treasures, great scriptures from China, India, Tibet, Egypt, years and years of work , all was burnt.

Isn't this an example why you would like to give up on humanity? Such a tragic and sad story. 

I read about another mathematician yesterday, Euler(1707-1783) from Germany. He had to move and arrange his career after how politics/war changed and developed. Although no threat to him personally, his house was once destroyed and another house was burned down. 

Everywhere you look in history, there are war and conflicts.

Too many bad people on every good one..   

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Tommy Robinson has been permanently banned from Twitter. I don't know why he is moved to another prison without any reason or warning ! 

13 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

@MarkusSweden Tommy Robinson has been permanently banned from Twitter. I don't know why he is moved to another prison without any reason or warning ! 

Yes Prabhaker, it's so strange and mind boggling what happen to Tommy atm. 

This whole story is so crazy, he reported on pedophiles and rapist because mainstream media didn't cover it. They refuse to cover it because they didn't want to put the muslims behind the crimes in a bad light.

Citizen journalist TR had to do it in order to inform the people about the muslim grooming gangs that rape countless of young white girls, and it continues to this day. 

One little girl they made kebab of her once they were done raping her.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1552482/Missing-girls-body-put-into-kebab.html 

Maybe it's me that is sensitive, but I don't think we can allow this, Tommy was the only one reporting about it, and now he is prison and while many of the pedophiles and rapists are free. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

George Ivanovich Gurdjieff was born to a Caucasian-Greek father and Armenian mother. Gurdjieff was an influential spiritual teacher who taught that most humans live their lives in a state of hypnotic ‘waking sleep’, but that it is possible to transcend to a higher state of consciousness and achieve full human potential. 

He accepted P. D. Ouspensky as a pupil. Ouspensky already had a reputation as a writer on mystical subjects and had conducted his own, ultimately disappointing, search for wisdom in the East. Ouspensky separated from Gurdjieff, settling in England and teaching the Fourth Way in his own right. The two men were to have a very ambivalent relationship for decades to come.

Gurdjieff has a system of his own which is not of the routine, traditional religions. He was one of the most misunderstood men in the world, for the simple reason that everybody was judging according to his prejudiced mind, and here was a man who was trying to bring a secret doctrine into the open for the first time; but he could not succeed. He failed utterly, not because of himself. 

The sun of spirituality will rise in the west and not in the east this time.

America has a tremendous future and will become a spiritually-minded nation. … America is destined to lead the world spiritually.”

~ Meher Baba (25 February 1894 – 31 January 1969) was an Indian mystic and spiritual master. 

I certainly have a message. Because America is not an old country like India, which has existed for thousands of years and has a burden of a long past, prejudice, conditioning. America is just a child compared to a country like India or China -- three hundred years mean nothing. America has a very...
... superficial layer of conditioning. If it can drop that conditioning -- being Christian, being Jew, being American -- America can become the first country of the world opening the doors for a new humanity.

~ Osho said in an interview.

I traveled all over India. But, alas, it was agony to me, my brothers, to see with my own eyes the terrible poverty of the masses, and I could not restrain my tears. It is now my firm conviction that to preach religion among them, without first trying to remove their poverty and suffering, is futile. It is for this reason – to find means for the salvation of the poor of India – that I am going to America.

~ Swami Vivekananda

Edited by Prabhaker

Indian masters who visited America

Swami Vivekananda is the first Indian spiritual leader visited USA in 1893

Swami Rama Tirtha  first notable teachers of Advaita Vedanta to lecture in the United States, travelling there in 1902

Swami A.C. Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada carried the message of Krishna to the West in 1960s. ISKCON, founded in 1966

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi known for developing the Transcendental Meditation technique started Meditation Society (SIMS) in1965.

Satchidananda Saraswati founder of the Integral Yoga Institute and Yogavillein , went to America in 1966

Swami Rama founder of the Himalayan Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy in 1969

Swami Muktananda came to the U.S. and launched the Siddha Yoga Dham Movement in 1970

Prem Pal Singh Rawat   founder of Divine Light Mission, or DLM in 1973.

Osho founded Oregon commune in 1981