Victor Mgazi

Define GOD

46 posts in this topic

There only thing that doesn't change is consciousness. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Looking at reality, one of three ideas must be true, at the expense of the others. This is essentially the Cosmological Argument.

1. Reality itself is the uncaused first cause.

2. There is a finite chain of causes that terminates in an uncaused first cause.

3. There is an infinite chain of causes that never ends.

Theory one is easily disproved as we have much evidence that this universe had a beginning, and cannot be uncaused, therefore.

Theory three is, I guess, possible, but is unnecessarily baffling.

So I propose that the second of these three is true. I also go one step further and claim that the finite chain is of length one, and that the cause of this universe is itself the uncaused first cause. I cannot prove this, but I know this to be true.

I will also go one step further and state that this uncaused first cause is called Yahweh, and he is who he is: the great I AM. He is the God of Judeo-Christianity, and is the one true God. Again, I cannot prove this to you, but I know it to be true.

Yahweh is holiness. Yahweh is power. Yahweh is might. Yahweh is wisdom. Yahweh is fire. Yahweh is wrath. Yahweh is justice. Yahweh is goodness. Yahweh is mercy. Yahweh is love. Yahweh is beauty. Yahweh is hope. Yahweh is playfulness. Yahweh is joy. The list is, presumably, infinite, for Yahweh is absolute infinity - he is boundless.

The only way to the truth, Yahweh, is through his Son Yeshua/Jesus. Any other method is a deception, and they can be extremely convincing. I won't go into full detail here, as my aim is not to evangelize, but simply to speak truth, as I am moved by the Holy Spirit, which dwells inside my heart.

Theory three is very much possible if you can understand that this universe is an infinitely small part of reality. 

Another thing worth considering is that maybe religious scriptures weren't meant to be regarded as "mystical" at all. 

Consider that our current diversity in humanity could just be the result of ancient texts that were misinterpreted and lost in translation over centuries. 

I mean atleast we can agree on one thing and that is religion is not god's invention (it's man's invention) . Right? 

God is consciousness, all there is, infinite, the creator being itself uncreated. We are just a version of it, the human version. But we ourselves were made, evolved by the One. Here is a beautiful description by one of the best poetry in the world, the Quran:

"He is God, the One other than Whom there is no god, the knower of the hidden and the manifest, the Compassionate, the Merciful. He is God, the One other than Whom there is no god, the Commander, the All-powerful, Pure and Without Defect, the Bestower of Safety, the Protector, the Precious, the Mighty, the Sublime, the Most Elevated. Exempt and purified be He from the partners which they ascribe to Him."

Edited by Highest

6 hours ago, Highest said:

God is consciousness, all there is, infinite, the creator being itself uncreated. We are just a version of it, the human version. But we ourselves were made, evolved by the One. Here is a beautiful description by one of the best poetry in the world, the Quran:

"He is God, the One other than Whom there is no god, the knower of the hidden and the manifest, the Compassionate, the Merciful. He is God, the One other than Whom there is no god, the Commander, the All-powerful, Pure and Without Defect, the Bestower of Safety, the Protector, the Precious, the Mighty, the Sublime, the Most Elevated. Exempt and purified be He from the partners which they ascribe to Him."

Nice