Jonson

Disliking certain people

6 posts in this topic

It's been a while since i posted on this forum. I'm even lazy to write about what's going on my mind . 

I'm  17, male. I have 1 year left of school , 12th grade . I have been following actualized.org since 2015, when I was 14 or 15. 

I have become more aware of how things work and how brain-washed people can be sometimes. 

I was constantly criticizing school and teachers for this and that, and i still think it was valid criticism, I should've had a better relationship with them, for my  own benefit.

Now, even though I'm one of the best german speakers in my class, my german teacher doesn't want to allow me to get the German language diploma. 

The cause of that is that I didn't do my homeworks, she is obviously not objectively correct,  and I have a mediocre grade 6/10 (Even though others also have mediocre grades). She is an arrogant 60 year old woman and she always assumes everything. She assumes that if you're silent in the class, then you don't know the material. Also the material is boring as hell, and she makes it even more boring. She attaches to certain behaviours certain moral attributes and based on that she decides whether you're a good or a bad student. She is also a fake intellectual. She always just wants to seem smart. She's always committing some sort of logical fallacy.

The thing is that she is a difficult person for me to interact with. I shouldn't take this as an excuse for not getting my german diploma .  I can get it anyway later but not free, it's like a 100 bucks , but it's still annoying that i get in this victim mindset.  I just hate that i depend on a person that i dislike . I judge her a lot and because of that i have this big ego against her and i can't accept the fact that she has to approve of me, when I don't even approve of her as someone who should be in charge of so much power. 

So this is one of my problems, I DON'T LIKE TO PLEASE PEOPLE WHO I DISAGREE WITH IN SO MANY WAYS, EVEN THOUGH IT MIGHT DIRECTLY BENEFIT ME . (and it's not like i didn't try to understand their viewpoint)  OR I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO HAVE STRONG BELIEFS ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS AND TRY TO FORCE THEIR IDEOLOGY ONTO ME. 

Guten Tag!

Look how amazing it is that you've observed your problems. Realise that, because that observation is being underestimated. You've been through so many other obstacles and you've passed everything single one and done so by observation. You will get through this. This is only one obstacle.

So personally, hate your teacher and let all of those feelings out, because it's no good to bottle that stuff up. 

Now I don't mean to hurt or say mean things to your teacher. I mean purge your thoughts. Do some self-enquiry and just REALLY let out those feelings of hate and disagreement. When you do this, you've essentially purged out the thoughts. You can't actually stop these thoughts from recurring and that's because of memory. So instead, just be with the hate and disagreement. Hate that she forces her ideology onto you. Hate everything about her, because when you do this, you will purge AND will realise, this is fucking pointless. That realisation happens because you've done self-development before and you know how your ego works. Think of those thoughts/ego blocking the view. You gotta purge the view to see that there was no friction or problem in the first place.

This also applies to anybody. Don't like somebody? Fuck it and hate them. Then you realise, there was no point of hating. Let your emotions FEEL. Eventually this leads to a state where your mind is calm, purged and loves everything

Purge your thoughts, hate your teacher but do it in silence

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

@Jonson you are still young, so it might take a little while for you to realize this, but you can't get something for nothing. If the only requirement was the physical work, and you wanted the diploma bad enough, you should just do it.

No one shows up to a driving test and is just handed the licence without first proving they have studied the basics and then practiced them. 

I only say this because I was the same way in school. "Why do I have to do the homework when I obviously know the work?" The answer is because they said so. It's all part of the game. We have to play along sometimes. 

Just keep in mind, "grades are EARNED not GIVEN" 

When you graduate and get into the working world, this attitude won't get you very far, unless you start your own company and are an immediate success.

12 minutes ago, Jonson said:

The thing is that she is a difficult person for me to interact with. I shouldn't take this as an excuse for not getting my german diploma .  I can get it anyway later but not free, it's like a 100 bucks , but it's still annoying that i get in this victim mindset.  I just hate that i depend on a person that i dislike . I judge her a lot and because of that i have this big ego against her and i can't accept the fact that she has to approve of me, when I don't even approve of her as someone who should be in charge of so much power.

Try to cut her some slack, if you can. No teacher gets into the job for the money. They want to make a difference and change lives, in most cases. But it can be draining. She was probably a very energetic and interesting teacher at some point, but you know how aweful teens can be.

I do see wisdom in you, but you want a tip to be wiser?

"Wise" DOES NOT EQUAL "Better than" 

This woman has lived far longer than you, and probably has some really cool stories. Stories of doing things you probably could never fathom doing. 

The world is full of difficult people and you are always going to have someone you disagree with. Don't let that make you shut down and get a bad attitude towards them. Just accept them for their differences, because God knows you aren't perfect ;)

@zoey101 @B_Naz The thing is that we never really communicate. We only have rare exchange of words, that is the problem. It's not necessarily that i'm not doing my homeworks and stuff, but rather my attitude. It's not that i don't say the right thing but rather the way i say it. Other classmates usually please her with their attitude. I always thought that she would appreciate that i am not a try hard and i don't try to please her when i don't do my homework, that i am not trying to show off what i know. But it turns out that that's what she actually wanted. To make students act smart and state obvious facts that everyone knows, as if they made a scientific discovery. 

Thanks for the response. I'll continue later. Sorry for my unrelated response. 

No matter where you go, people will play favorites. Like I said, it's all part of the game. You have to know what it is you want, then know what it will take to get it, and play along. I hated school, personally, but it's part of the game :) 

I'd just learn as much as I can from that teacher I don't agree with, Id also stop using mental energy by focusing on how my relationship is with my teacher, I rather use it to be learning more and more and more....