Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gerhard

Leo, why not more Kriya yoga?

3 posts in this topic

So from your videos, obviously you know about yoga and such topics as kundalini and the chakras. From your blog videos (although you still have 20 days to reveal) it really seems to me like you are taking a brute force method to purifying your body/mind/energy. ie. You are basically sitting with an empty mind and letting boredom and suffering kill you slowly.

But then there is a school of yoga called kundalini kriya yoga, as taught by aypsite.com, Rohit Arya or Yogiraj Satgurunath. These practices literally let white light descend from your crown, and send a purifying wash up through your body. Quite literally you feel muscles twitching and relaxing all the pain you have been carrying around your whole life. Very much like Shinzen Young describes as pain bubbling away, and you feel that taste of purification. Very tangibly and literally.

I was just wondering if you have had experiences of this washing energy cleansing your body? And if so, why aren't you diving more headlong into yoga? Or maybe you just aren't mentioning it, as after all, Matthew 7:6 does hold truth.

If you are feeling like you are suffering through a brute force process (and I have no idea really) and getting very slow gains - I would just throw my 2 cents in and recommend kundalini kriya yoga. Someone like you who really has the courage to take it to its logical extremes can go lightyears with the basics of sidhasana, shambhavi, moolabandha and kechari mudra in a very short amount of time.

I can personally attest that I can now enter a state of samadhi at will within 10 minutes 80% of the time thanks to these processes and thanks to the guru and kundalini. And I am no one special, anyone can make use of these divine tools.

I do want to add like it doesn't always feel like purification is happening, especially in the beginning as things are clunky and you are feeling yourself out. But I had my first real AHA moment when performing kechari whilest on acid. I would recommend that to you Leo if at all interested. There is a really deep process of cleansing and purification happening that becomes apparent.

I heard you say in the video that many teachers don't go this deep. I can't really comment because I'm just a humble and mostly inadept yogi myself - but it really seems to me like India has by far the deepest answers you are also talking about. In my opinion, the Nath Panthi and Arya Sangha lineages are right up your street with values of creativity and integrating spirituality into social life (ie. not renunciates).

Anyway, chances are you are much more in the know than me, I thought I would just ramble this here because I am confused why you are using apparently brute force methods when there are such graceful and effective paths designed by much higher consciousnesses to bring us also to higher consciousness. The Lightning path as it were. Kundalini Kriya yoga.

PS. I know you have a goal to prove the effectiveness of 5 MEO - but also wouldn't it be beautiful if you came full circle and proved that the sages and seers of the Himalayas knew a thing to two as well, and you concurred that their methods are super effective. To use Sadhguru's metaphor, maybe psyches are great tools to jump really high on a trampoline and see over the prison wall - but what you and I really need is a method of building a ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umgJWfBXY_A 

Edited by Gerhard

@Gerhard I have to slowly build up my yoga because I have some issues with chronically blocked sinuses and sore throat. So yoga has proven challenging for me.

Sure, lots of yoga can work. You just gotta build up to it. And I did not come at this enlightenment thing from a yoga background, I came at it from a self-inquiry background.

But also, keep in mind, a state of Samadhi is not enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.