DMM710

Need an opinion on mushroom dosage

5 posts in this topic

So I’ve done 2 grams of mushrooms twice at this point. I plan on doing 3.5 tomorrow, but there’s a bit of an issue. They were improperly dried, and most likely lost some potency in the process.

Would it be foolish for me to take 4 grams to try and make up for some of that potency loss? Like is that way too big of a leap if it turns out they didn’t lose that much potency?

Do what feels right to you, no one can tell you better. The universe will never present an experience you are not ready for or in harmony with or it simply wouldn't be. We go through things for a greater purpose, we might not always see it as clearly but eventually all will make sense. Trust and Enjoy

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, DMM710 said:

Would it be foolish for me to take 4 grams to try and make up for some of that potency loss?

I think so, yeah. 4g is quite a bit. You don't know for sure how much potency was lost. There are more mushrooms in the world and you'll have plenty of opportunities in the future. Even a 2g dosage can be fun/rewarding/useful so try to let go of your fear of loss. 

4g of mushrooms is not just twice as strong as 2g necessarily. As dosage increases, potency of effect is exponential. Sometimes all it can take is 0.5 to 1g more to have a several fold 'stronger' experience. 2g might be light and mellow, 4g might be a complete mindfuck. Try to always maintain reserve and caution when dealing with dosage. 

Edited by Arman

Gonna stick with 3.5 just to be on the safe side. Thanks :)

If they don't *snap* when you break them, then yeah, they still have H2O in them. How much? Hard to tell, and that's the corner we get stuck in when they aren't dried properly. I guess if I wanted a 3.5g trip with those mushies, I'd weigh out 4g and cross my fingers, but you'll be obsessing about it as the trip starts, which leads you down the wrong path right away.