UniversalHuman

Guided Meditations for Expansion

8 posts in this topic

I just practiced the short guided meditation 'Experiencing Yourself as the Universe' on the Insight Timer app: http://insig.ht/gm_662

I found it useful for visualising and experiencing expansion from the human self to the universal self. It has an intro to ground yourself in your body before expanding to your room, your city, the planet, the galaxy and finally the universe. Then gradually you come back to your human self but with a feeling and knowledge that you are one with the universe. My experience was quite beautiful!

After finishing I happened to see a picture of myself on my my phone and I felt a profound sense of love for this human life. I didn't feel identified as the guy in the photo, but at the same time I recognized and embraced this human ego that I've been living as. I saw the beauty and the suffering in ego simultaneously. Well, that was my experience at least.

I see this meditation as potentially useful for beginners and experienced  meditators alike. You can view the universe as the 'known' (to science) universe if you like, or go beyond that to experience the universe as infinite.

Hope this is useful for some of you :)

Do you have any recommendations for mediations similar to this one? I'd love to hear about them.

Edited by UniversalHuman

I had a lot of progress with Rupert Spira’s guided meditations, like this one 

@UniversalHuman Here is something worth contemplating.

Out there where the theory of the very large and the very small connect, where our 13 billion year old expanding universe touches the void, you come upon the mystery of God.

33 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Whre is that? Where do they connect

@Mikael89 This is precisely what needs to be contemplated. But I can give you a small hint. Don't look for location.

4 hours ago, UniversalHuman said:

I see this meditation as potentially useful for beginners and experienced  meditators alike. You can view the universe as the 'known' (to science) universe if you like, or go beyond that to experience the universe as infinite.

Hope this is useful for some of you :)

Do you have any recommendations for mediations similar to this one? I'd love to hear about them.

@Mikael89  From your answer and post count I assume your not a "beginner/newbie"?:)

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Hm.. I have existed for eternity, so.. I don't think I'm a newbie? :P

@Mikael89 Good. Than I've got a question for you. What is the sound of one clap handing?:P

Just now, Mikael89 said:

I assume you meant "one hand clapping".

@Mikael89  All right. We'll leave it at that. :)Time for this Mr. Eternity to chop wood-mow lawn.