MarkusSweden

Are we conscious during deep sleep, or are we, technically speaking, dead?

3 posts in this topic

I just had lunch, and I eat too quickly with too much carbonates I think.

Anyway I went tired but I started to write on a PM to @tsuki

I tried to concentrate, then my head doze off for a millisecond or something, then I continue to write, and it happened again, and then procedure continued until I decided to write the PM later. 

Anyway, during these micro naps, because it was so brief, I could almost notice the absence of everything, even absence of consciousness, like a short span(millisecond or something) of absolute nothingness, not nothingness in a new age fashion, but REAL nothingness, like a total blank. Like death. 

Maybe we are "dead" when we are at deep sleep, or are we conscious but we fail to recognise it because mind fail to grasp the "absence-of-mind-consciousness." ?

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

If one dreams this implies thought is in movement. Thought is always old “static” dead. 

If there is dreamlessness, this implies that movement is alive “dynamic” or compete, ”nothingness” 

In this dreamlessness is the closest we can get to communion to nothingness. 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So I highly recommend a surgery under anesthesia ?

Oh my gosh... yeah! We are spoiled by it, aren't we?

@MarkusSweden of course what do I know, but I would say we are no more dead while asleep than we are when not sleeping. Consciousness is not life, so being unconscious would not be the opposite to being alive. Then again, what does it mean to be alive?