cata

everyday walk after enlightment

3 posts in this topic

I am reading through "The book of not knowing" and I have been meditating before that, etc. I have come to a somewhat inner peace, and I am also trying to improve based on books as the one mentioned earlier. One of the improvements I'm trying to understand, perceive, feel, etc is what/how/etc I should be walking down a road. The book mentions some of the things needed in letting go of the self is stop perceiving everything from the point of how it relates to yourself.

Enlightened guys, what comes to your mind when you walk down a road? What does your mind say when going trough that scenario? What happens when you see a person of the opposite sex, of the same sex, a rock, a flower, random thrown junk? Does your mind not perceive anymore? I know I should let them "just be", but but, what is your experience? I think the most probable effect might be that I won't make me learn anything until I actually experience it myself, but at least for basic curiosity, do respond.

In reality, we don't learn. We discover. 

Learning is a practice that leads to more questions, it is a human invention/conception/mind control/time wasting/death. 

One pays attention to breath and the reality unfolds. 

I'm not enlightened by any means, but I've just recently gotten to a point where I can go short periods of time without thinking anything at all. In fact, I usually ruin this state by going "Wow I feel good, this is great, I'm not thinking about a thing... Dammit!"

I got to this point by realizing that there is a distinct difference between experiencing and thinking. You can experience all of those things without any dialogue whatsoever inside of your head. Until you get that down, all sorts of things might pop into your head. Another big step for me was stopping any sort of labeling I was giving my thoughts. Whether you are admiring a woman's hairstyle or judging her for her fat gut as you walk by, both are just meaningless thoughts. After all, you're the one experiencing the woman, why do you have to talk to yourself about it too? :)

Just a few insights I've had lately.

EDIT: @Quanty mention of paying attention to the breath is a very powerful tool to quiet the monkey mind. I actually created a little habit of forcibly exhaling if I caught myself drifting off mentally throughout the day, and that helped quite a bit. Oh, and I'm also reading the same book... Maybe 150 pages in. Great so far!

Edited by ZZZZ