Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoothedByRain

I thought I'd share this video on Alan Moore's work.

4 posts in this topic

Not this forums typical content and it doesn't follow nor discuss consciousness work as Actualized.org and you lot do. But I bet it will prick up some of your ears nonetheless. 

I have nothing to say / add since I have yet to read his work other than Watchmen. Simply thought I'd share. Jerusalem definitely sounds interesting though.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Very interesting.

I have only recently became awake to this self-referential aspect of reality.
It may be worthwhile to read some of his works to deepen it, but I believe that it's fundamentally inexpressible through language.
No matter how many nested layers of self-reference you employ, it is lost on people that try to find the world meaningful.

Allan Watts always stresses the importance of discipline in spiritual work.
Your realization lays barren as long as you are not capable of expressing it.
You do not practice your craft to earn, but to yield.
Sometimes your craft is giving death like in Moore's case.

There is obviously a huge difference between me and Moore, so even if I realized his message - there is still value in learning his craft.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Yeah man . . . This is why I followed you yesterday, you have a way with words my friend.

Your realization lays barren as long as you are not capable of expressing it.
You do not practice your craft to earn, but to yield.
Sometimes your craft is giving death like in Moore's case.

:) I agree, the definite nature of whatever one views as reality can never fully be expressed with simple monkey labels, no matter how well one can mould them into an explanation. Nonetheless they express something that otherwise wouldn't be shared and therefore potentially not realised by the listener. Perhaps no new insight being gained at all, but solely a smile given and received. 

Keep doing your thing.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@SoothedByRain

The understanding of the parts to see the whole. 

This is fundamental in understanding the nature of time/self. When one sees how all the movements of thought interrelate and interdepend one can view the entire movement of the ‘center/self’ holistically. Which is what it takes to end the movement of time.