OhCaleo

Anarchism and Enlightenment

4 posts in this topic

Would being an anarchist, or following any political ideology, stop one from becoming enlightened? Or just slow down the process. Even if being an anarchist was apart of your life purpose. Wouldn’t anarchism go under the green stage in Clare Graves psychological model of evolution? Or am I severely mistaken? Can someone even be an anarchist while trying to self actualize? In one of Leo’s videos he refers to politics in general as chimps throwing shit at each other. So wouldn’t someone who spends a large part of their life (life purpose) partaking in politics just be a chimp with low consciousness?

Political ideologies = belief systems.  What you think is true.

Sahaja = "Don't know" mind.  You don't believe any of your thoughts.

Thoughts may arise, thoughts may go away, but consciousness remains.

You don't get stuck on anything.

This is liberation.  Freedom.

Until you reach sahaja, you are still getting stuck on thoughts, progressively less-and-less hopefully (but sometimes not so noticeably.)

So don't feel bad that you still some kind of an -ist.

There is still thought stickiness.

Keep focusing on essence, don't worry about the peripheral.

If every politician in the world became enlightened, we'd still have politics. It wouldn't disappear overnight.

@OhCaleo In order to attain Enlightenment one must cut off all attachments to thoughts, notions, sensory data, people dear to you, you have to let go of everything including ideas of being an anarchist or belonging to some political party. The hardest attachment I had to let go of was my Buddhist teacher who I loved dearly because of his pure spirit and dedication in teaching the Dharma