Santiago

Possesive girlfriend or avoiding boyfriend?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm the boyfriend, 27 years old, we have been together for 5-6 months.

The problem is that some days I want to be alone, or maybe I want to meet with my friends and play board games for 6 hours, or maybe one weekend I want to go camping with other friends.. These are isolated events, for example the board games meeting happens once a month, the weekend camping once every 6 months..

Some days I just want to stay at home alone and watch youtube or waste my time. One day every week I have dinner with my dad and brother.

I still meet with her a lot, normally we stay together the entire weekend and also she stays at night one day in between the week. We also work at the same place so every day we have lunch together.

Still this is not enough for her, she feels bad with the idea of me leaving for an entire weekend, it's not understandable for her that I might want to leave her for an entire weekend, she feels like I don't love her. Problems arise almost every month when I have the board games meeting...

I also used to hike with my brother and some of these friends but now I am afraid of even telling her I want to go hiking for 9 days, she won't be able to handle it..

What should I do? do we just don't match? maybe we want different things... I feel satisfied seeing her a couple days a week (apart from everyday at work), but she seems to need more attention... I still love her, but it seems to be different, like she needs more of me than I need of her, how can we do??

Thanks!

@Santiago

Hard to say, could be her, could be you, could be both.

Could be, that she is projecting a lot of stuff onto you. An it seems like she is not happy, being by herself. If that is true, it can turn out to be toxic for any relationship.

Rule of thumb is: Don't try to be happy with somebody else, if you're not able to be happy all by yourself.

Talk to her about this, ask her, how she spends her time seperate from you. Ask if and why she is unhappy without you, and what bothers her about being by herself.

Maybe though its just personality differences. You both could take a personality test to see, how you two are alike and how you are different from one another. I think, this can be a big eye opener for any couple.

This one is good: https://www.truity.com/test/300-question-personality-test

Do your stuff and if she cant handle it shes not the one ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

No one here can help you. But maybe you shouldn't have girlfriend at all for the moment. 

And of course, this has nothing to do with her ❤️