Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Primeval

The Impossible Question

10 posts in this topic

The Impossible Question that Jiddu Krishnamurti asked is this: Can the mind empty itself of the known?

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Yes.

When the mind moves back to the  Lila-point, it`s increasing. The more it`s increasing, the more it`s empty. Till it vanishes totally.

This is what the jnani-yogi does and he will enter the dark night of the soul.

From that point transcendence has to happen, but that`s bliss.

What is the Lila-point?

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Can the mind empty itself of the known?

I don't know - I can't remember.  :)

Lila-point is the centre of consciousness.

I'm not familiar with Lila-point either.  Wouldn't that be considered the non-existence of mind though?

@cetus56 Well, the personal mind has a beginning and an end, so it is a relative existence which finally means non-existence.

Imagine the lila-point as the black hole of the mind. You can extend your mind and the ego till it finally dissolves in the big mind with spiritual practices. The other way is to increase your mind and the ego, finally into the lila-point, lets say the black hole, where it will get destroyed and from where transcendence takes place. The first one being the `easy` way, the second one being the hard way. The lila-point is the point from where the `divine play` arises from. It is the centre of existence.

Thanks for explaining that. Very interesting. Once in meditation I thought that I became non-existent. There is no memory of that event until some degree of awareness returned. I thought to myself "where did I go?" afterwards. I'm not really sure what happened there. It happened while I was in a state of pure being. Than I vanished for a moment or two. I can't really say for how long. Even a split second would have been an infinite. Could that have been Lila point? I didn't doze off, I know the difference. This is why I'm asking about this. I did do a search after that experience but I couldn't find anything on that experience on non-existence.

With meditation you have to deal with layers of experience. You dive deeper and deeper and in a way every layer has it`s own lila-point.

The Buddhist would say it`s total emptiness, the Hindu would say it`s total fullness. Both are right. It`s non-existence as well as the only existence.

I think you`ll get the point, right?