Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brugluiz

Glimpses of happiness during meditation

9 posts in this topic

I started meditation yesterday aware that I will just reap benefits one year later. But I noticed for just 1 second that I have glimpses of happiness while meditating. Most of the time it's uncomfortable to meditate, but having a glimpse of happiness is amazing and worth it. I'm just paying attention to my breathing for 20 minutes and following no complex technique to meditate. I heard Leo said we just need to sit still with the intention of being aware.

I tried meditation before and sometimes I had glimpses of happiness. I noticed also that I was more centered even with just 2-3 weeks of meditation. The first time I tried to meditate, I did it consistently for one month and I remember I was able to eat food with more awareness (feeling the taste of the food and even beer).

It doesn't mean that we should meditate expecting that we'll reap huge benefits in just a week, but I think it's possible to notice new things even when we're  just starting to meditate.

Don't stop meditating man. Get serious and start to prioritize meditation and being. Make it a lifestyle and you will soon see it, I'm sure.

29 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

Don't stop meditating man. Get serious and start to prioritize meditation and being. Make it a lifestyle and you will soon see it, I'm sure.

Thanks for the support! I'm meditating 20 minutes a day and I'm putting it as number 1 priority.

1 minute ago, brugluiz said:

Thanks for the support! I'm meditating 20 minutes a day and I'm putting it as number 1 priority.

Great man! Increase slowly when you can and don\t miss a single day! That is very important. Don't count how many days you have meditated, it's a part of your life now.

I now mention a 10 day Vipassana retreat also. Maybe that can be a possibility soon? What path you may choose, know that you are exactly on the right path. Working from Truth means that you work with your direct experience and only yours from moment to moment.

Much love

35 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

Great man! Increase slowly when you can and don\t miss a single day! That is very important. Don't count how many days you have meditated, it's a part of your life now.

I now mention a 10 day Vipassana retreat also. Maybe that can be a possibility soon? What path you may choose, know that you are exactly on the right path. Working from Truth means that you work with your direct experience and only yours from moment to moment.

Much love

I like the Zen method of meditation. When I went to a Zen place here in Florianópolis, they made it simple to meditate. I just had to count my breathes, but I think it's okay if you just pay attention to it.

I don't know exactly the difference between zazen and vipassana. I read in a different forum that vipassana lets you investigate your emotions and feelings better, while zazen is more about being present.

It would be better for me to investigate my emotions and feelings at first, but not sure if the above statement is true.

34 minutes ago, brugluiz said:

I like the Zen method of meditation. When I went to a Zen place here in Florianópolis, they made it simple to meditate. I just had to count my breathes, but I think it's okay if you just pay attention to it.

I don't know exactly the difference between zazen and vipassana. I read in a different forum that vipassana lets you investigate your emotions and feelings better, while zazen is more about being present.

It would be better for me to investigate my emotions and feelings at first, but not sure if the above statement is true.

Give vipassana a honest to try and then decide what clings best with you :). You have to experience both to be able to decide 

18 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

Give vipassana a honest to try and then decide what clings best with you :). You have to experience both to be able to decide 

I think so. But no vipassana here in Florianópolis. Anyway, I'll keep my meditations practices. I think it's better not to be too much attached to techniques.