Echoes

Neo Advaita And Infinite Degree Of Awakening

10 posts in this topic

A few thoughts that came when I watched Leos new blog video. I hope to get some perspectives on the notion of many degrees of awakening and how to reconcile this with what Neo Advaita is saying.

So neo advaita is obviously correct when it says things like "You are already enlightened" or "Awakening is the most simplest thing there is". Because the truth is the truth is the truth, and it must be all there is and it must be right here the real, the actual. It's like Jed Mckenna says: "»Truth does not exist« is a self-nullifying statement. If an ultimate Truth does not exist, then that statement in itself is an ultimate Truth. Conclusion: Truth must exist. 2. Un-truth cannot be true any more than non-being can be or non-existence can exist.". 

How do you reconcile this with many degrees of awakening? When you say "many" degrees, mustn't that then be infinite (and not just "many") degrees if absolute infinity is the real? So then you could say "Infinite degrees of awakening" is the absolute truth. And inside of the infinite degrees of awakening, every single degree must be absolutely true also - how can this be? since there is more conscious/expanded degree of awakening still possible, in fact infinite degrees still possible. So every degree is relatively true, but the actual, the real, the factual, undeniable reality just IS the absolute truth. This is what neo advaita means. To realize the undeniable truth which is final, and an endpoint, with no further question of what the truth is.

When Leo says "infinite degrees of awakening", he can't mean "infinite degrees of truth", since that would mean there is no truth at all. In what are the degrees? what makes degrees even possible and is the basis of degrees? 

I sense a trap in the notion of "infinite degrees of awakening". Maybe God is eternally awakening to new revelations about himself, but God is God is God.

God is. and then there are degrees of revelations of God. Neo Advaita is talking about realizing that God is, and that includes every future or incoming, new revelation. But no revelation can negate the already realized reality of God.

Edited by Echoes

Leo is continuing walking on the circles. He has already awakened but what he calls infinite awakening is just going on the same circles. And he is right you can awaken to infinite truths but all of them are ONE! It is the addictive side of this search for the Truth. He already has truth but he can find new and new ones but at the same time all of them will be the same truths - that's the paradox of reality... He is in the circle going full circle infinitely. And he is aware of that. Only he can get himself outside this infinite loop. It's a choice really.

you can word it infinitely differently but the truth is that there is not such thing as existence or truth or any thing. But real trick here is to continue living after this realization and not get stuck in the infinite loop. If I was Leo I would end the search, get wife and kids and life happily.

Edited by egoless

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

What if somewhere deep in there is a "point" where reality is real and does exist?

It does in its current state as you see it but in reality it does not. It is impossible to understand conceptually. You are doing mental masturbation. Non existence permiates all things. 

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I'm inclined to agree on that, including that I was masturbating mentally. I guess you sometimes have to do it :P

You should understand that whole notion of traditional existence is just a concept. There is no such occurrence as existence. It is just what it is - we call it names and even worse completely misunderstand it. Existence is exactly what non existence is.

Edited by egoless

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

what if even mysticism/spirituality is mental masturbation?

True mysticism can not be - simply because it is not mental. True mystical experience transcends thoughts and perceptions.

You must become directly conscious of non dual nature of the reality to understand how non existence=existence.

Edited by egoless

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Then why doesn't it permiate existance/reality/the hallucination?

It does. You just aren’t conscious of this “happening”.

The Truth is one. That's not the issue. There is a pragmatic issue: how permeated is your mind & life by the Truth? To what degree are you aware of it? How deeply do you see/feel it? What is your everyday level of consciousness? Which facets of the Truth has your mind understood, and how deeply?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura are you going to release new episode this week?

As I said in the blog: No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As I said in the blog: No

OK take your time. I missed that message.