Jamie Universe

The jig is up

4 posts in this topic

Here's a text conversation

Friend: Also (friend 2) wanted me to tell you that she thinks your gay, don't ask me why she wanted me to tell you that

Me: Lmao

And I'm bisexual but mostly gay, and I've told 2 people, a counselor and 1 friend more recently. I'm not out yet, and I'm dead on the inside. What should I do? 

Keep telling people gradually and. steadily adjust to it. If anyone ridicules you along the way, let them wallow in their ignorance.

Sexuality should be a complete non-issue but I understand that with the way society is set up at the moment the conditions for coming out aren't as ideal as they could be. Stay kind and don't let anyones negativity rub off on you too much. Hope things are well on your end :)

There can be a line with openness and kindness towards those who don't accept and also with going with what you see as good aka not worrying about other people's opinions. There seriously isn't anything wrong with being bi. What the hell do the people that criticize it know anyway?

If I were to be gay/bi I wouldn't even care to announce it to be honest, as I probably wouldn't especially relate to or need any gay/bi community. If it's a big or necessary thing for you, by all means do it

Find yourself first, being gay is a social construct. Basically being gay is that you found yourself but you project yourself outside. 

So the majority of gay people are more enlightened than the majority of straight.