Rilles

Pulsating Sounds While Meditating

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever experienced pulsating noises while meditating? They last for about 5 seconds and they usually happen when I'm a trance-like state until I snap out of it, I also heard something like airplane noises. Is this some indication of a new depth or should I just ignore it as random phenomena?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Is it accompanied with the feeling like your head is about to implode? And maybe high pitched ringing? Cause I get that sometimes, especially in the middle of the night. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

No, its not really anything like that, although I've read many people experiencing ringing though.

I will hear different sounds as I get into a deep meditation too, like random voices and things like that but it's not your regular type of inner monologue, it's much louder and more real. 

I have an inkling this might just be hypnagogia and that I need to find a way to be more awake, a phase I guess.

Edited by Rilles
Added more information

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The random voices is always weird to experience, definitely hypnagogic. Something about your brain turning off the part that realizes it is you doing the thinking, or something (not that brains exist or that it is ever really you doing the thinking :D). Nothing to worry about though! Good sign that you're getting into deep meditative states (not that you can't go deep without such phenomena). 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

11 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

Is it accompanied with the feeling like your head is about to implode? 

I experience that quite often lately. but I struggle to define what exactly it is that I hear with it..

whatever arises, love that

Focus on Blue while Green into Red 9_9. All will make sense.