Torkys

Subconscious Reprogramming VS Enlightenment

4 posts in this topic

I found my life purpose and already did my first round of visualization yesterday. I made becoming 100% committed to my life purpose a goal but I am confused around an issue.

My life purpose fully embodied means the death of my identity - I am moving towards enlightenment even though I am not committed right now - but subconscious reprogramming techniques (visualization, affirmations) seem to build/change and not destroy the ego. Essentially, by using techniques that in theory would move me towards my life purpose actually move me further.

How to sort this issue out? My current position is that subconscious reprogramming will strengthen my ego to the point where it is going to be ready to surrender and embody the vision but I am still skeptical.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Saw this on http://enlightenedwithoutguru.com

. As long as we are looking to "get enlightened" this will only remain a mental and abstract concept that cannot be attained.

The reason I believe it cannot be attained is because when you realize and embody the state of enlightenment it will not nearly resemble that mental concept that your Ego created, it will be something that perhaps cannot be explained nor expressed.

The Catch 22 is that you cannot make enlightenment a goal that is to be attained in a non existent future. However you can focus on enlightenment in the now, an ever present goal so that every action or non-action you "take" in the present moment is infused with the intent of becoming that which you already are: an enlightened being

So that tips the scale, right? :D

3 hours ago, Torkys said:

I found my life purpose and already did my first round of visualization yesterday. I made becoming 100% committed to my life purpose a goal but I am confused around an issue.

My life purpose fully embodied means the death of my identity - I am moving towards enlightenment even though I am not committed right now - but subconscious reprogramming techniques (visualization, affirmations) seem to build/change and not destroy the ego. Essentially, by using techniques that in theory would move me towards my life purpose actually move me further.

How to sort this issue out? My current position is that subconscious reprogramming will strengthen my ego to the point where it is going to be ready to surrender and embody the vision but I am still skeptical.

After experiencing Being, all doubts, concerns & fears are impossible to entertain. The falsity of the ego and subconscious are revealed in a real and obvious way, as just concepts you once had, and you are free. 

So asking questions with the premise “after I become enlightened”, when you are not, will not have a satisfying answer until you are, and of course, then, you won’t have the question anymore. It’s like asking “after I have eaten, how will hunger be?” Or that classic from the Jeff Foster video, “When my ignorance is gone, will I know it?”  It’s nonsensical. 

So be where you are now. You have determined what you want, congrats, that’s great! Align everything with it. When you eat, first ask how this aligns with my LP. When you sleep, ask how much sleep puts me in alignment with my LP? Cover your walls with it, fill your head from your heart with it, speak of it only in the most positive empowering terms or say nothing at all, hear no one & no thing which implies you can’t achieve it, and notice how people come out of the woodwork in the most timely subtle way to assist you. The universe has your back. Your ‘role’, is just don’t fuck it up. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thanks @Nahm and @i am I AM!

I will write about discovering my life purpose on this subforum soon, I will be sure to tag both of ya.

3 hours ago, i am I AM said:

The Catch 22 is that you cannot make enlightenment a goal that is to be attained in a non existent future. However you can focus on enlightenment in the now, an ever present goal so that every action or non-action you "take" in the present moment is infused with the intent of becoming that which you already are: an enlightened being

An awesome mindset to implement, thank you! Even though I am afraid of my death and don't actively pursue enlightenment, I am "destined" to me fully grasp that this is my only option, to work towards it, and to die if I go all the way so this will be "useful" (I am so pragmatic here :D).

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

So be where you are now. You have determined what you want, congrats, that’s great! Align everything with it. When you eat, first ask how this aligns with my LP. When you sleep, ask how much sleep puts me in alignment with my LP? Cover your walls with it, fill your head from your heart with it, speak of it only in the most positive empowering terms or say nothing at all, hear no one & no thing which implies you can’t achieve it, and notice how people come out of the woodwork in the most timely subtle way to assist you. The universe has your back. Your ‘role’, is just don’t fuck it up. 

Thanks, @Nahm! :x That's what it takes to be 100% committed! Thank you! :)

I think I will to with the most pragmatic approach possible. Building up my ego which will be able to release my impurities, including any empowerments it had and finally my purpose to Truth.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.