PsiloPutty

Does this sound like a good plan for the next year?

8 posts in this topic

Edit:  I should have watched Leo's Kriya video all the way through the first time around,  totally answered every question in this  post in the second half of his video.  

Edited by PsiloPutty

This is a very serious time investment. We are talking 700+ houres of meditation and yoga over a year. If possible for you, I think it would be more beneficial to spend something like 400h of this time investment in one single bulk, going for a one month silent retreat. Then devide the remaining 300 houres over the rest of the year, meditating/doing yoga 45-60 min a day. Most people will see more progress from a one month retreat than from increasing their daily meditation/yoga practice from 1 to 2 houres pr day.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Erlend K   I do have a 7-day silent meditation retreat (my first one) scheduled next month, and it's workable for me to do another retreat later in the year, but at this point I don't feel capable of taking more than 7-10 days off at a time while still being able to maintain my career at its current level. I'm open to the possibility of looking at my career in a less serious way as time goes on, though. I don't feel the same now as I did a year ago, so I can't say how I'll feel in a year's time. I'm open to change.

@Salvijus  It's a Vipassana meditation retreat. Really looking forward to it! It'll be a challenge for me. 

@PsiloPutty Happy for you:) 

Btw your plan looks solid.

It's nice to see someone so passionate about spirituality :D

Thank you!!! I haven't been this motivated about anything in my whole life. It's a good feeling, but I want to direct it in the right ways.

Wow, I just watched the second half of Leo's video on the importance of real yoga, and to say that he endorsed it is putting it verrrry mildly.  I only watched the first half a while back and then got to researching kriya elsewhere. Not that it was boring, man, I'm just jumpy like that when I get extra curious. Anyway yeah, great to know it comes so highly urged.

Edited by PsiloPutty