Truth Addict

Inspiring story about Mohammed's death

3 posts in this topic

First of all, I would like to thank Leo for all of his effort and open-mindedness. Last episode was great and brave. Thank you so much @Leo Gura ?

I chose to talk about Mohammed's death because it was very special, because he had his last mystical experience, and he gave his last will during his death, and an important event happened after his death.

So let's start...

The mystical experience:

The most reliable sources say that when Mohammed was on his dying bed, in the house of his wife Khadija, he told her to open the door for Gabriel, then he spoke with him saying: "no, I want nothing but the highest companion, the highest companion". They say that he was being asked to choose between this life or joining his Lord. Many things happened there but the most important thing I think is his last will.

The last will:

Mohammed was being carried to the mosque to pray, he couldn't take the role of the "Imam" (the leader) because he was so weak. After finishing the prayer he said to his companions (Sahaba): "I order you to keep on your prayers, the prayers, and take care of the people you own (your slaves)".

After Mohammed's death:

People went crazy, some shifted back to paganism, some couldn't believe that he died, but his closest companion Abu Bakr (the righteous one) came out to the people, he stepped to the stand then said, (probably the most eloquent words of all time): "WHOEVER WORSHIPPED MOHAMMED, KNOW THAT MOHAMMED IS DEAD. AND WHOEVER WORSHIPS ALLAH, KNOW THAT ALLAH IS ALIVE, HE NEVER DIES".

Now I know I'm a terrible writer, but I'm just sharing wisdom here.

Thanks for all.

Edited by Truth Addict

Great story.  What's great is when you need no more God period.  Reality does not need to be divinized.  That's an idea put on top of reality.  Reality just is what it is.  To me reality is enough.  I don't need anything more than Awareness.  I don't need a Pantheistic story on top of Awareness.  It's illusory and superfluous.  God is a very problematic label.  I don't think Spirituality is served by clinging to the concept of God.  These are just my ideas, I welcome alternative views, I'm not here to shove my views down other people's throat.  I could be wrong too, right?  But my intuition is not very warm to the idea of God.  Quite the contrary.  It looks like a red herring to me, an unfortunate distraction.  Acceptance of pre-conceptual reality is what you wanna BE in the moment.  What that is is beyond conception, including our silly labels like God.  Compared to reality, all our ideas are like a young child irreverently drawing on a wall with a crayon. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Great story.  What's great is when you need no more God period.  Reality does not need to be divinized.  That's an idea put on top of reality.  Reality just is what it is.  To me reality is enough.  I don't need anything more than Awareness.  I don't need a Pantheistic story on top of Awareness.  It's illusory and superfluous.  God is a very problematic label.  I don't think Spirituality is served by clinging to the concept of God.  These are just my ideas, I welcome alternative views, I'm not here to shove my views down other people's throat.  I could be wrong too, right?  But my intuition is not very warm to the idea of God.  Quite the contrary.  It looks like a red herring to me, an unfortunate distraction.  Acceptance of pre-conceptual reality is what you wanna BE in the moment.  What that is is beyond conception, including our silly labels like God.  Compared to reality, all our ideas are like a young child irreverently drawing on a wall with a crayon. 

I appreciate difference. I think the man did what he had to do. The idea of God back then was very acceptable, also, you can't make people want to increase their awareness. Mohammed made the motivation for them. Even nowadays, though we suffer a lot, very few people choose the way of Truth. I think the man did a great job making the motivation, unfortunately wasn't enough, because the ego corropts everything. But also he realised throughout his life that life is a game between the ego which he called the devil, and awareness which he called Allah, he realised that you can do nothing about it, both are necessary and inevitable, yin-yang.

Intuition must support the idea of God, in any kind of way. It's only after we disconnect from our intuition we can't see God anymore.

Glad to hear your opinion dude. Recently I just realised that life is one, for me and everyone else, it's just the point of view is the only difference. And it's inevitably inevitable, and absolutely infinite.