SpaceCowboy

Journey of the Ego

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

a while ago, I heard Leo say in one of his videos something like: "First you have to build the ego up, before you can release it". He was referring to the big picture of personal development (where you build the ego up) and spirituality (where the ego will be dissolved). So I was asking myself what it means to "build up the ego"? Is it mainly pleasing the ego's needs and improving your self-image? And can you dissolve your ego, even if it's a weak ego? Or do you have to develop yourself first? It would be interesting to know if there is a correlation, because it might prevent people from being stuck. Thanks!

54 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

First you have to build the ego up, before you can release it

You cannot throw anything just by logical argument. You can throw something only when it has become so painful that it cannot be carried any further. 

My opinion and experience told me that doesn't matter much. Just practice the Do Nothing technique and you will be fine. Your ego will become Nothingness and you will start to see Nothingness everywhere. Whereas previously you saw Ego which then intern created more Ego. Ego loves to cling to a certain perspective and then projects that perspective into reality. Try to meditate and not to cling to a certain perspective so that you will become every perspective and neither perspective at the same time.

@Leo Gura May I ask, what is one to do after enlightenment and understanding your interpretation of infinity?