Deep

Does the universe exist independent of our mind?

43 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Mind is a model, it doesn’t actually exist.  

Yes!

”Hammer” syndrome. The world is riddled with it! Lol. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 minutes ago, now is forever said:

hahaha,

@Nahm but if it was like that why should god want to wake up from the dream - just to realize it's dreaming itself?

Yeah. Why? That’s a really profound question. What anyone tells you, you could believe, or not. You’d have to know that. 

hahaha - well ok there is nothing at all and still - the ego is there to prevent the non existing person to realize that it's god and it's nothing - so go kill the ego! No existing people can’t realize, they don’t exist. 

cogito ergo sum - wasn't that the only answer? and it still is - actually for me - nice joke guys 

One day at a time. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Deep the answer given to this question depends on what assumptions you want to make about reality, and the analysis of your question which I have just given is itself based upon many assumptions. 

My answer to this question is "who knows". I'm inclined to think the universe exists indapendent of our mind from a scientific, non-solipsistic point of view.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.