Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Power

Can SDS and self inquiry exercises be combined?

4 posts in this topic

I've been doing strong determination sitting for almost a month now and I can finally get to 50 minutes. Do any of you guys practice enlightenment exercises (who am I?, who is the perceiver, etc) while strong determination sitting? Should I combine the two practices or should they be separate? I find strong determination sitting very boring so self inquiry seems like it would be something to do while sitting. What do you guys do while SDS? 

@Power If you're doing SDS, mindfully feel into your whole body. It's a great practice for developing body awareness. And this will get you out of your head.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Of course, if you are not in a state where you cannot do anything, you might as well do nothing with your body and engage in self inquiry with your mind.  If you are in a state where you cannot do anything, then just don't do anything.  Either way, you might as well sit perfectly still.

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Power If you're doing SDS, mindfully feel into your whole body. It's a great practice for developing body awareness. And this will get you out of your head.

Thanks, I'll try it out!