frnsh

Making choices in Dreams

5 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I have been wondering about this for a long while and I've got ideas from my experiences and the information I've got so far. What I have understood from Leo's videos is that we can't control dreams at all. But I have had experiences that I consciously made choices in my dreams or changed things for my benefit.

So when I was a kid, at some point I started noticing that I can actually control things when I notice that I am dreaming. I remember one of the very first ones going like: "I was dreaming about the neighborhood I was living as a child, I was talking to my friend who lived right across the street from my home. I suddenly noticed that they had a staircase at their entrance door and it hit me that in real life they don't have it! So it must be a dream. Then I just left to the candy shop that was at the end of the street and picked things."

I have had many similar experiences since then. I have been doing a lot of random things I desired. This as I call ability, comes and goes, gets stronger or weaker in me, probably due to how conscious I am at that point of my life. When I was a kid I could do it, then I couldn't for a few years, then it came back again. These days when I notice I'm dreaming, I can make things or people appear in my dreams, also I can move objects with my mind there (started when I was watching Heroes series). 

By this topic I don't mean at all that we have/may have choice in real life, it makes sense to me completely that we don't have any choice. But just for the sake of dreams and if any one had similar experiences to what I've had. Also any ideas and suggestions on this matter are appreciated :) .

35 minutes ago, Dragallur said:

@frnshIt is called lucid dreaming, you can train yourself to become better.

Oh thanks :) I forgot about this concept. 

@frnsh that's interesting, I'm not sure why he would have said that, perhaps he was talking about no control in this current dream that we are all sharing. 

For lucid dreaming, control can be hard to gain, even if you realize you are dreaming. I've learned that combining intent with visualisation is the key. So for example, if you are lucid and you want to do some jedi trick where you pull something towards you like telekinesis, just the intent of doing it doesn't always work. But if you visualize the thing, say a cup of water, coming towards you, coupled with the intent of doing it, it's much easier. 

If you want to go through a wall, you may get stuck and frustrated, so you imagine yourself being on the other side of the wall, meanwhile actively trying to pass through and it should work

Edited by starsofclay

@starsofclay Yeah I agree it is hard to control sometimes, but it gets easier by time. Though I remember when I was watching Heroes and I really loved it, it was so much easier for me to do their tricks in my dreams than some time later :D