billiesimon

The big problem of trust in the modern age

42 posts in this topic

wasn't able to read all the posts, but personally I think the first step you need to take is giving women a little more credit than you currently are... Not all women are on Tinder nor are all women interested in fooling around.

I agree with you that if they just want to fool around, they should be upfront about it. There are men into that kind of relationship.

But if you want to find a good woman you need to be upfront as well. Don't go as far as telling her you're entire relationship goals list right off that back, that can be a little too intense for a new relationship. Just tell her that you are looking for something that will eventually grow into something more, maybe. 

And as for the trust part, you need to just go for it. My husband used to always say "Love is giving the other person all of the tools to hurt you, and believing they don't use them." Love hurts and is ugly, but you aren't giving yourself a chance if you just decide you're not going to open up for fear of being hurt. 

Sorry for rambling, hope this is helpful!

Edited by zoey101

On 13/03/2018 at 3:30 PM, YaNanNallari said:

I don't think the quality girl you're looking for is found from tinder. I also don't think I need someone to be "loyal" to me. That sounds like restricting them. I rather have people follow their passions, not that getting around is their actual passion.

well said sir ! great response

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus