Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MM1988

Alternate Nostril Breahting dangerous?

2 posts in this topic

After watching Leos blog post about not half assing yoga I decided I was not for it, Ive only been meditating 20 minutes a day for a year now and I will continue doing so because I barely see any progress yet. However, can I do the Alternate Nostril Breahting technique at the start of my mindfullness meditation or is it better for me to stay away from it? 

Also, I rarely can breath freely through both nostrils, I read somewhere that this is natural and accepted in the medical work, the nose alternates your nostrils. So this should happen to more people, how can you do Alternate Nostril Breahting effectively then?

@MM1988 It’s not dangerous. It’s just breathing!

Why do you want to do alternate nostril breathing if you won’t do yoga. It won’t have many benefits. If you’re not going to do yoga, then don’t do it!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie