100rockets

How To Deal With Regret

4 posts in this topic

Leo, while working on self actualizing my understanding and perspective changes a lot. The more I learn the more I see how much I screwed up in the past and how many people I've hurt, myself included.I cant help but think sometimes "what the **** was I thinking??" On some level this is good because you should always grow and understand things on a new level but I have a hard time accepting my mistakes and the relationships I've broken even though they've brought me to do the work. I think regret in general is a good topic to cover because it usually keeps people stuck in the past instead of moving forward plus its something that everyone deals with on some level so it a popular subject.

@100rockets

Maybe also post this question into the main forum - for example in Dating Relationships part? I'm sure you'll have some idea from members. :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

For regret, I try not to dwell too much on regret. I would acknowledge that I did something wrong and I would use that mistake as a teaching and learning opportunity. For example, if I failed miserably at something, I would allow myself to feel the pain of the failure but I would acknowledge that nobody's perfect, failure can and will happen, and that I can use failure to work to my advantage. If you focus too much on regrets than you will feel deeply miserable about your life and you won't be open to new experiences. I want to write a list of my regrets but the catch is that I need to focus on how this regret can be valuable as a lesson.