Shakazulu

80/20 method

4 posts in this topic

Is there a way to subdivide the 80/20 law into two week increments? E.g first two weeks out the month it's horseback riding, final two weeks it's poetry 

What do you mean? The 80/20 rule is just that 20% of something leads to 80% of another thing. For example, 80% of the land in this country is owned by 20% of the population. Can you calrify a bit?

@Slade so what if you add to the pie and put 80% effort into one thing, what are the results of such? Let's say I put 80% into one thing for 2 weeks, which is roughly 6 days out of 12 days - for the final 2 weeks, I switch my 80% effort into a different lane

@Shakazulu well by splitting your attention on to two different things you’re already descreasing your results by half. If you can pick one thing you’re results will be better of course but if you’re going to split it up then it’s important that you spend the majority of your time doing the 20% that matters most. The 20% is what will bring about the greatest improvement for you. I don’t know what that is for horseback riding and poetry but you probably do.