DizIzMikey

I Do Not Exist Internally But What Of Externally?

11 posts in this topic

Ok so if I go from within with empirical evidence only this seems to be true that I do not exist,  but if I involve the external and internal with this truth I cannot seem to grasp how this could be true, 

For what if externally I do exist and all of what makes me, me is stored somewhere, like a cosmic brain or some shit.

The truth should stump both internal and external should it not?

Anyways Im going to go empirically as suggested but it still bothers me when I involve the external with the internal when looking for the truth, The theory of no self doesnt add up.

A self is just a label, a concept. No external factor can change that you don't exist. As for proving this is the case, I say just keep doing the enlightenment work. I'm not enlightened, but on good faith, I'll go ahead and say it will make sense when you are truly awakened. 

After all, nothing exists besides nothingness.

@Saitama The self is a concept once I think about it from within, thanks for that, but what about externally?  What is the self outside of me???

Edited by DizIzMikey

@DizIzMikey Nothingness. The boundary between the internal and external is an illusion. We just say those things because of the limitations of language. There is only one being.

Edited by Saitama

@Saitama  click!!!!  holy moly thanks I appreciate that, such relief because it makes sense to me.

I have concluded that no matter what the external does, it is "ME" who agrees with it or doesn't..and anything I believe is subjective, and perhaps the only truth that cannot be questioned is the one Leo was talking about, a truth that cannot be communicated from within.  WHEW.. THANK GOD THE EXTERNAL PROBLEM IS SOLVED..NOW..ALL I HAVE LEFT IS THE SEARCH FOR EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE..THERE IS HOPE!!!! =)

Edited by DizIzMikey

Don't forget that:

The emotion that motivated you to start this thread - is the activity of mind (of human).

Thoughts that you wrote here - are the activity of mind.

Your relief - activity of mind.

Your conclusion that some kind of "problem" is "solved" - activity of mind.

Your search - activity of mind.

Confusion - activity of mind.

Any ideas of "external" or "internal" or the abscence of both or whatever, any kind of ideas, conclusions, memories, thoughts, feelings - mind.

What reads this and understands these symbols - mind.

Even the thought about "mind" is just another idea, another object.

Knowing and not knowing - mind.

Thought that "you are nothingness" - it is just another thought, another object, mind again. It is human who is thinking.

What is the most real right now, right here? Not an object. But the most real in the most now? Riiight now. Not a thought, not an experience, not a vision, not a feeling.

I don't know, this is the question that I ask myself.

Edited by Naviy

@DizIzMikey Well, do not try to solve the confusion. Let the experience of confusion happen. Both "confusion" and "understanding" are equal experiences. They are both clouds in the sky. You do not need to decide which cloud is right and which cloud is wrong to find the sky itself.

Also, any cloud can talk about the sky. But if you keep looking at clouds (experiences), you will never see the sky. When you say "I am confused" and concentrate on confusion, trying to solve it, you keep staring at a cloud. Then a cloud of "understanding and relief" passes by - and you keep staring at it then. What sees all the clouds?

Love says "I am everything". Wisdom says "I am nothing". Between the two, my life flows.

This is a famous quote from Nisargadatta Maharaj and it shows two different aspects of reality. It doesn't matter what you "experience" first. Some people first awaken to love, some more to "emptiness".

Papaji, the guru of Mooji, used - as far as I know - to say "the bird of truth needs two wings to fly. wisdom (jnana) and love (bhakti)". Inquiry (jnana) is only one approach.

Edited by Toby