Deep

A Buddha will always be misunderstood

63 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Deep said:

I have a lot of interests besides enlightenment. I engage in "low consciousness" activities sometimes. Nothing else is in the world is worth pursuing. Once the mind rises above the material plane, it's very hard to bring it back down. 

I think it's not a "low consciousness" activity if you plan it out and try your best. To me, when we are seekers, we sometimes want to just see the "infinity" and get rid of the ego as best we can. Some ppl call this the "enlightenment trap," or whatever name you want to give it. I think we don't need to be in such a big rush to see "God."

@Deep Also, I forgot to mention, and I find this to be important other than doing retreats; being in a "meditative state" throughout your day counts. The "meditative state" don't have to be hardcore. In fact, to me, it's better that it's subtle so that you could get the "minor" things done and move on. The "minor" things count too.

If you look at 4:25 of this clip, Thich Nhat Hanh comments on doing the dishes being a mindfulness meditation. 

On 22/02/2018 at 7:47 PM, Saumaya said:

^

@Key Elements Exactly, it's even more important than meditation, and at some point it starts happening automatically !

Don't use this as an excuse to skip meditation though :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them