Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenDog

Meditation Retreats In Europe?

8 posts in this topic

I can't seem to find any good meditation retreats in Europe. I applied for the Vipassana retreat in Germany but I didnt get in.

My dream is to do one with Shinzen Young but they are all located in the US. 

Which retreats does Leo go to?

Would really appreciate any suggestions of retreats in Europe.

Isaac Shapiro near Munich or Netherlands. Or Adyashanti in Netherlands. Not Vipassana, but they are both the real deal.

@Toby Thank you! Gonna look into them.

Have u been on those retreats?

Adyashanti has one in UK also but it's probably full. Other than that I'd go looking for Rupert Spira's shedule. He lives in UK as far as I know. But except for Adya, there is not much sitting going on as far as I know.

1 minute ago, ZenDog said:

Thank Gonna look into them.

Have  u been on those retreats?

I have been at one retreat and one weekend with Adya. Other than that I've never been at a retreat with Isaac, but have been to a lot of his meetings.

There are so many good ones around Europe. You don't necessarily need a retreat guru to be some kind of celebrity - in the end it is a experience with yourself. Of course you have to be aware not to go to some kind of retreat that you instantly feel weird about, but it is good to stay open minded - almost any retreat that is concerned with meditation, silence, quieting the mind etc, will help you anyway and it will be a powerful experience with yourself first and foremost.

I searched for silent retrets in the UK and found one very interesting organization : 

https://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schdipa

They are doing 10 days silent retrets (vipassana). You can apply for june, july, august or after, but you should apply the first day that the applications inquiries are starting.

I might go in herefordshire in august or september to do one of those.