Courtney

First, we need to love ourselves

4 posts in this topic

I am creating this journal to document my journey to discover the Truth about reality, existence, our true being, and finding peace. 

I’ve only been on this journey for about a year, and I feel I’ve opened up a massive can of worms and sometimes lose my focus because there are SO MANY topics to learn about, let alone to actually put into practice.  I actually came across Leo’s videos accidentally, while I was listening to a podcast while I was working away one day...it was on personal development, probably a topic on how to control your emotions or something along those lines.  Anyway, it brought me to one of Leo’s videos as a suggestion and after listening to the first one, I was hooked and that’s how this whole thing began for me. 

I have a lot of work to do on myself.  A lot.  One of the main issues I have to conquer is the fact that I have issues with self-love.  I’ve already dived way too deep into all the incidents that have happened in my life that would form my opinion of myself as “not good enough” or “unworthy of being loved”, blah blah blah... anyway, that’s another journal altogether.  That being said, I feel that the first step I need to really focus on is learning how to love myself again.  I swear, when I was 5 or something, I must have!  I can get that back.  

The question is how? How do I truly get over this idea that I believe i’m not worth loving?  Why do I believe everyone else is, and I’m not?  

I’ve been so obsessed with trying to make people like me my whole life.  I always felt like I had to prove that I’m worthy of their love and that they really Should love me because I am such a “good” person.  People-pleaser syndrome.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  But I learned this last year that this was a game I was playing and I was never going to win.  I am not a GOOD person.  I am not a BAD person either.  I am a person.  That’s it.  And that’s ok! It’s more than ok, it’s perfect.  So 2017 was spent learning as much as I could about how to stop caring what others think of me and how people-pleasing is just such an awful way to go about life.

I think i’ve turned a little bitchier in 2017.... but I feel way more authentic and free.  I needed to grow a pair, and I think they’re coming along quite well (not literally of course). Haha.

So that was my first step, my first mini break through and now I am leaning towards the next breakthrough.  

These are the tools I will be using:

Meditation

Reading

Listening 

I will come back to this journal soon. 

@Courtney well i hope you get there.

Try to socialize with people less, you may need to spend sometime alone.

People's prospective of you does not seem to work.

You might need to know yourself YOURSELF.

"Say the words and do the actions that are in alignment with the life you're calling in, and the rest will flow."-Preston Smiles

I'm actually in the process of doing this myself. Check out these videos, they will take you by the hand and teach you how to love yourself 100%:

"Mirror Work: 21 Days to Heal Your Life" Book by Louise Hay

"The Gifts of Imperfection" Book by Brene Brown

We're all on this journey together, hope these help :)

Edited by The Shining

Its funny the idea of loving yourself its like there are 2 people inside of you one that needs to be loved and second that has love for it...there needs to be 2 for one to love another..and dont be a person be yourself ;)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.