Charlotte

Health content- Ladies (PMT)

4 posts in this topic

Girls, how do you deal with the mood swings? I go through intense PMT symptoms (depression, anger, frustration, irritability, mostly negative)

Any suggestions?

I can deal with the 1-2 days before menstruation when I'm most sensitive (which looks like irritability and depression if unrecognized - but what are you irritable about?) - I may feel shitty, but it's an invitation to feel, introspect and rest more than any other time of the month. I might get an insight about what's the most urgent issue in my life right now. Then I've got the next ~10 days when I'm rather positive and energized to start taking action. 

What I don't know how to deal with is week 3 (or rather, the 'bigger half' of the cycle) when I'm usually really low energy and generally unmotivated. 

7 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

I can deal with the 1-2 days before menstruation when I'm most sensitive (which looks like irritability and depression if unrecognized - but what are you irritable about?) - I may feel shitty, but it's an invitation to feel, introspect and rest more than any other time of the month. I might get an insight about what's the most urgent issue in my life right now. Then I've got the next ~10 days when I'm rather positive and energized to start taking action. 

What I don't know how to deal with is week 3 (or rather, the 'bigger half' of the cycle) when I'm usually really low energy and generally unmotivated. 

More physical activities ?

When I am depressed, what works instantly is going for a run, doing cardio, should work too there to some extent.

Especially taking vitaming b, that's extremely important.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

27 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

What am I irritable about? Everything ? I dont show it though, I hold it in. Mine seems to be a good solid 8 days PMT.

I can also sympathise with the 'bigger half' of the cycle you mention, bloating, lethargic feeling? I generally just want to wrap myself up in a quilt. I do push myself though even though it feels like your pushing a brick wall, not a nice all round feeling at all.