Sahil Pandit

The AdyaShanti Experience

4 posts in this topic

Last night was the first time I ever went to a consciousness event, and I would like to share the experience for anyone who is interested.

The Event was hosted by a Church, and it was an evening talk by Adyashanti.

The event had about 150 participants, and it began with 15 minutes of Noble Silence. From there, Adyashanti opened up and talked a bit about his background and how meditation and self inquiry impacted his life. He spoke about some common things we encounter along this path for about 40 minutes. After that, he opened up the floor for any questions we had.

This was my favorite part. The first person to question walked up eagerly. He was excited to get his question out, and so he proceed. He quoted Adya in one of his books, and he was curious about Proper Speech in day to day scenarios. Him and Adya went back and fourth in dialogue for a few minutes, and then there was a sudden pause. The whole room was very silent, and Adya asked, "So why are you reeeeally asking this question?" Then, to my surprise, a wave of compassion washed over the room, and it was very silent for at least 2 minutes...

The man started to cry his eyes out.

Adya, with the upmost compassion, spoke gently, "Yeah.... (long pause)... I sensed that was the case...." :/

The man tried to speak but Adya offered to meet up with him after the event and discuss the issue in great detail. (From what we know, the man got injured in the military somehow...)

@Sahil Pandit This was such a powerful experience, I had never seen something like it before. Adya is clearly a master and he embody's his teachings.

What took me by surprise the most was how he handled the experience when the man had started crying. I had never seen someone so clearly understanding of what was going on (I was sitting in the back, confused, looking for answers as to what was going on)

That dialogue alone made the whole trip worth it. 9_9

Adyashanti is my favorite of the gurus I have seen so far.  He appears to be the real deal.  And Eckhart Tolle too.  Both are amazing.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I love adyashanti too. I wish he would come to the Netherlands.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus