Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin Dunlop

Ego - What do you see it as being? How do you feel about it?

8 posts in this topic

Is the ego the identity? Is the ego created while growing up in each persons unique situation, or is there something more to it? How do you feel about the ego? Is it possible to become aware of it in all of its depth? Have you figured out a way to alter the ego or manage it in a satisfying way? Is there something that you have found about the ego that you would like to share, something that could help others in life? 

The ego is this "Kevin Dunlop" you have characterized yourself to be as i "Pluto". - AKA the characterization of self.

B R E A T H E

@Kevin Dunlop Hi Friend,

It Is Very Good To Think Of It As Identity. However That Is From The Identity. The More You Transcend Identity, The More You Are In Identity. The More You Are In Identity, The More You Are In Identity. The More You Aren't In Identity, The More You Are And Aren't In Identity.

Good Luck, Back Luck. Neutral Luck. Anything Is Bad. But That Is Bad. You Are Good. But It's All Bad.

25 minutes ago, pluto said:

The ego is this "Kevin Dunlop" you have characterized yourself to be as i "Pluto". - AKA the characterization of self.

So it is the idea of who a person believes themself to be, the character they are. The ego is the idea of self. A question I have then is the self created throughout life or do we have some of this before we are born? 

@Kevin Dunlop

Ok Friend, I will Make It Simpler For You To Comprehend.

The Ego Is Knowledge Of The Person Called You Or Me Or I Or Him.

Knowledge Is From The Mind. It's Consciousness. The Mind Is Simply The Illusion Of Reality. Same With Consciousness, If Consciousness Is Thought, Then It isn't true Consciousness. If Consciousness Is The Source Of Consciousness, Then Consciousness Is The True Consciousness. But That's Not The True TRUTH either.

13 minutes ago, Kserkkj said:

@Kevin Dunlop Hi Friend,

It Is Very Good To Think Of It As Identity. However That Is From The Identity. The More You Transcend Identity, The More You Are In Identity. The More You Are In Identity, The More You Are In Identity. The More You Aren't In Identity, The More You Are And Aren't In Identity.

Good Luck, Back Luck. Neutral Luck. Anything Is Bad. But That Is Bad. You Are Good. But It's All Bad.

Mmmm Hmm, I dont mind taking some time to think of it in terms of wording for a bit. I do realize that any wording is just more wording and only deepens the  limited thinking of the ego instead of transcending it. But yes I dont see much need to call ego something other than identity - probably just a set of beliefs we learned to identify as being our self, as we grew up. With a need to identify everything - a very basic thing parents teach us as we learn language. The ego then could be seen as a product of learned language, and so limited to the depth created by this process.

Edited by Kevin Dunlop

9 minutes ago, Kserkkj said:

@Kevin Dunlop

Ok Friend, I will Make It Simpler For You To Comprehend.

The Ego Is Knowledge Of The Person Called You Or Me Or I Or Him.

Knowledge Is From The Mind. It's Consciousness. The Mind Is Simply The Illusion Of Reality. Same With Consciousness, If Consciousness Is Thought, Then It isn't true Consciousness. If Consciousness Is The Source Of Consciousness, Then Consciousness Is The True Consciousness. But That's Not The True TRUTH either.

I like the way you boil it down to being the minds knowledge -that is simpler. I might say it is a limited form of consciousness because it is based on an illusion not truth. This self knowledge was formed over time. I wanted to say by how our parents treated us and spoke to us but it seems important to see it as the minds interpretations of this sensory input, with this view I feel more responsible for creating it not having it placed upon me by others.  

@Kevin Dunlop

Hi Friend,

Try to use the same Logic On Your Logic. Try To think About Thinking. Try To Limit Limitation, Try To Unlimit Unlimitation.

Now Look At Your Musterings and Consult The Lord. Why Is Life So Interesting and Arduous.

Good Wishes.